Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:38 pm 
ok I'm just tossing out a line here.

My problem.

TDS map was partially modified by newt which was OSI map, moved serpent's hold, moved occlo to make room for a new land mass of vita mortis (aeryn/littlelostghost's map), and t2a was FLATTENED to take out the world holes.

however, newt left abruptly, a player of mine modified the map again, but her pc got virused and is no longer bootable.

I'm hoping anyone here can do this quick, so that I can launch the shard anyway.

a) I have a huge listing of map holes, this can be fixed later, its pointless now.

b) use the current TDS reborn map , but in retrospect, I no longer agree with moving of occlo/serpent's hold since it will screw up cartography. not sure if we can rectify it.

c) remove T2A altogether, replace it with some land masses in an ocean to act as player housing.

at the end of the day, what I need now is C on our current TDS reborn map before I can go live.

please contact me on icq at 24260737 with reason: I can help with the map. you can etch your name into the map for posterity if required.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 9:23 am 
I dont use ICQ but :

b) Use sensers cartography fix from http://www.eikon.tum.de/~isp/sphere/doc_index.html

he way I did it was to use insideUO to save a full map, then use psp7 and decrease colours to 2, although you will need to play about with the settings to get a devent rendidtion of the map in 2 colours, and save the 2colour bmp.

c) I did a similar thing on Deus Ovis a year or so ago, I can probably knowck something half decent up pretty fast if you want.
Just email me the location of your mul files, and what kind of landmass you want.
I have plenty of free time atm to knock something up atm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:41 pm 
Young
Young

sorry guest, but I just don't know the email to speak to guests.. hahah

feel free to join tds's message boards

http://www.tdsuo.com

Currently there's one person working on the map, probably need to tidy up things here and there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:58 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

For cartography there is a program you can use called cartograph.

It allows you to export the image from multimap.rle (which is the file that stores the cartography full world map image) to a bitmap. with this you can just edit the position of the island according to the position in the current map, save the BMP and then just convert it back to multimap.rle.

For your new islands in T2A and other map stuff, i could help but i'm currently working on a map for a different shard: http://www.tsse.net