PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:27 pm 
Young
Young

freakin sweet can`t wait to try it when i can use the laptop next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:57 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

So. New version of the UOKR Loader out, this time includes options to remove encryption from "login", "game" or "both". Using "both", I can now get to server selection screen on UOX3 (where it locks up).

Rumors has it login is possible on Lonewolf, though I haven't tried. =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:37 am 
Young
Young

I have the same effect in runuo but am unable to get past login although it does actualy login it will not go past shard selection im am now inserting my self into the uodev.de community to maybe get some more information i guess the guy who is making uokr loader has loged into a server succesfully i asked on uodev how i can do the same with my server so hopefuly he replys soon i will try with some other server emultors and see what happens

EDIT:

i tried to get lonewolf to even run it ether crashes with the beta and the old one tells me the map size is wrong im sure its because osi split up map 0 and 1

EDIT:

i tried wolfpack and it unlike lonewolf actualy loaded up i might look into wolfpack more it looks like it has a better interface then runuos little console lol anyways samething as runuo it gets stuck at the shard menu i guess we will have to wait for that german guy to post how he got into that one shard and how we can do it as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:59 am 
Young
Young

I tried with Lonewolf. Same results (Like cant pass after server selection)

If anyone can check the new packet structure after server selection, should not be this hard to implement :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:29 pm 
Young
Young

I think we can deduce from what that guy said on kr sphere is the one we need to try it with but the guy also said a good c# coder could easily do it on runuo

EDIT:

So anyways i was looking closer at that guys post he has a picture with this address dv-team.homedns.org if you use the uokr loader the newest one with that address you can indeed make a character in the kr client unfortunately you are stuck in the snowy middle of the ocean but it does work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:01 pm 
Young
Young

http://rapidshare.com/files/38979439/Ru ... t.rar.html

Ok guys...
RunUO binary where you can log and play with an already created character (There are some other things changed like support for 2 ML poisons - but nothing that affects anything that distro core shouldnt affect).
Latest RunUO SVN needed.

Keep in mind that its just a fast job, enough to log in and do anything that is compatible with legacy client. ContextMenus are messed, spellbooks too, custom gumps, etc etc...
You can't create a character too... what means that you need to create a character from Legacy client and just after created, play with KR client.
It's working fine for Legacy clients, but I'm not sure you can connect from a non-local computer with KR. You need to test and tell me :)

One last thing: It should work just to client 2.45.1.5. So, update to this client (actually the latest one) and backup.

Actually I'm working to support KR things with Wolfpack (I'm Wolfpack developer) but, since we're still researching and implementing things the best way we can before commit to Wolfpack SVN, I did this in RunUO to let you guys at least log in and walk around... and maybe start some research on maps, that is what me, and a lot of people, needs :P

I'm sending the binary but not the code. Basically because:

1 - Ryan decided to dont support it in RunUO and all Devs agreed. So until he tells "Ok, there is really no way to just keep legacy client... we're working with KR now", should not be cool someone from another emulator publish RunUO code with some KR support (minimal, but still some support).

2 - We're working on Wolfpack to implement support (not minimal, but to make it really playable) and people should fuck my ass there if I start to convert our work into RunUO code. Remember that Wolfpack is OpenSource... so you'll see in a few this support on SVN and the way we did.

3 - It's a little messed... I did it in a way to dont impact on Legacy client, but didnt work really well to make things on KR the best way I could. So I'll rewrite some things before send the code :)

But dont worry.
Just a little more time to commit KR job on Wolfpack to our SVN (Probabilly we'll finish Character creation and start some work to fix contexmenus before commit) and should not be a big problem to publish the code for this minimal KR support.

PS: A lot of people says that KR is crap and dont worth the effort, that its killing UO, etc etc...
Ok... we have an old sentence here that says "Taste is like ass. Everyone have your own".
I agreed that interface is not as intuitive as old UO interface... but believe me, its just a matter of time.
About the graphics, I really think they did a GOOD work:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v45/v ... /uokr1.jpg

to

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v45/v ... uokr13.jpg

including:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v45/v ... /uokr6.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v45/v ... /uokr7.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v45/v ... /uokr8.jpg

and all NPCs are awesome.
Keep in mind that my computer is 4 to 5 years old. So its low-res. I saw some amazing pics in hi-res :)
I really believe KR should do good when people start to accept changes :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:28 am 
Young
Young

i have the latest kr client and it seems to work fine with the uokr loader

thanks for your work it seems to work pretty good so far :D

your post is a little hard to understand are you going to rewrite your code for this and release it so maybe runuo people can use it on there personal shards?

EDIT:

for those too lazy to get the new svn i made a packed in version with the moded file

http://rapidshare.com/files/39050082/Ru ... t.rar.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:34 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Magnusbr wrote:
I'm sending the binary but not the code. Basically because:

1 - Ryan decided to dont support it in RunUO and all Devs agreed. So until he tells "Ok, there is really no way to just keep legacy client... we're working with KR now", should not be cool someone from another emulator publish RunUO code with some KR support (minimal, but still some support).

Without the source, this exe isn't very useful because there is no way to keep current with new RunUO releases.

I don't think Ryan had any issue with someone else providing support for UOKR. He just said that they themselves would not be doing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:24 pm 
Young
Young

@Link_of_Hyrule
English is not my primary and I was in a hurry because I was a little late to a party. My bad :P
I said that I would just rewrite a little before release the code (Its REALLY messed. I just replied the packets and just now I'm researching them to implement in a good way on Wolfpack)

@HellRazor
My bad its not this all useful. My intention was just to let people log in and see the new client. Not to start a new development branch for KR support on RunUO.

Like I said, I was not pretending to start a real development - its what I'm doing on Wolfpack - but my intention was just to let people log in. So I just replied and was not worried about research on packets.

Just remember: It's messed and just replying packets. I spent a really little time doing this. You'll have a lot of work to do something good using this base.
I was planning to make it a little better before send the code, but since people get mad because I didnt release the code (not you Hell, people on another forum :) ), here it is:

http://rapidshare.com/files/39114546/Network.rar.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:21 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Magnusbr wrote:
@Link_of_Hyrule
English is not my primary and I was in a hurry because I was a little late to a party. My bad :P
I said that I would just rewrite a little before release the code (Its REALLY messed. I just replied the packets and just now I'm researching them to implement in a good way on Wolfpack)

@HellRazor
My bad its not this all useful. My intention was just to let people log in and see the new client. Not to start a new development branch for KR support on RunUO.

Like I said, I was not pretending to start a real development - its what I'm doing on Wolfpack - but my intention was just to let people log in. So I just replied and was not worried about research on packets.

Just remember: It's messed and just replying packets. I spent a really little time doing this. You'll have a lot of work to do something good using this base.
I was planning to make it a little better before send the code, but since people get mad because I didnt release the code (not you Hell, people on another forum :) ), here it is:

http://rapidshare.com/files/39114546/Network.rar.html

Thanks for releasing it! Even if it is not perfect it's helpful to see how you did it so that others can play with it too. :)

Thanks man!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:21 pm 
Young
Young

Thanks a lot for releasing the code if you still want to rewrite it and make it better thats ok im sure your pretty busy thanks again :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:45 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

It's great when the emu community can come together and share their information. I think it's really generous of you! So big thanks to you and all the Wolfpack devs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:45 am 
Young
Young

Dont worry
Link said me that are a lot of comments in portuguese on this code. My bad for that. I was pretending to translate everything before sends the code.

Actually I need any information that anyone have about the new packets.
I'm researching some of them but there is still a lot of things that I dont know about them.

I think (cant be sure) that RunUO Devs should support these new procedures, since looks like legacy clients 6.0.1.4 and higher are using this same procedures now (still needs to check this info).
But... no one never knows what they're planning to do :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:09 pm 
Young
Young

Well you cant connect to the server from an external source only with in the lan can you connect im hoping Magnusbr and I can figure it out later today if hes online.

I have merged the code he sent with 2.0 and made a version with ml incorpated in it with spellweaving and what not but im not going to release it untill we fix a few problems including character creation and gumps on kr and connecting from the internet of course so just be pation and im sure ill have it to you very soon. :D

once we get a little further we might need more help if anyone wants to help out with stuff jsut add me to msn im usualy on :)

This is all done in C# so please have experience

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:10 pm 
Master
Master

Is this game out yet!!?

If not how can i get the beta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:13 pm 
Master
Master

Is this game out yet!!?

If not how can i get the beta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:41 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

The beta files are available on fileplanet or thru a NEW bit torrent seed.
check uo.com for the links

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:48 pm 
Young
Young

The character creation working now but faces do not work but im sure we will fix that later we are still working on gumps and such also we figured out the whole thing with people from external connections not being able to connect it was because of the serverlist.cs file but we fixed that now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:48 pm 
Young
Young

New version:

http://rapidshare.com/files/40796430/Ru ... 3.rar.html

- Login
- Character Creation
- Context Menus
- Hability to pick movable items (We need to check if items on trade and containers are working well)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:21 pm 
Young
Young

Nice i will be incorporating this into my project and releasing the package as soon as i can :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:40 am 
Newb
Newb

hey Magnusbr I'm kinda lost on what to do with the last pack you posted...

Its pretty vital as well so yeah Kinda stuck on this one

I already tried replacing the older files with the newer ones and i get thousands of error messages

also after being online for about a second the client just freezes. Its not a issue with your code I think thats due to the changes they made. However I would greatly appreciate any further support you may provide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:25 pm 
Newb
Newb

Any news about runuo kr conversion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:42 am 
Newb
Newb

Hey was just wondering if anyone knows why KR freezes at the server list? I think i remember reading an answer here somewhere about a packet the client was waiting for... I should have bookmarked it *sigh*

Reason i ask is because I'm working on a razor like app which would offer support on normal servers for KR client side, by using my app as a medium between the server and client. So far i got the app decrypting the client and allowing the server and client to communicate through it, so I'm up to the part where i start injecting, filtering and removing packets to get the client running.

BTW real nice community here.