Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: St. Malachy's Prophecies
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:04 pm 
Peanut Gallery
Peanut Gallery

Supposedly, the last hundred-some-odd popes have had their defining traits prophesized accurately? which, if true, would mean we are on the second-to-last pope before Armageddon (the next being a false prophet). It has been widely believed that the prophecies are a hoax, though.

Any thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:18 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

This was on the news this morning and I've been thinking about that very topic all day long.

Personally I think Prophecies (in some cases) are very very true. Nasa was built on a spot prophecied hundreds of years before America was even founded for starters.

No that is not proof that prophecies are real or come true in every case but in the case of the question at hand....yes I do think it is true and have for several years (over 20).

Being religious I have came to this conclussion on my own after researching some things. There are more than just the St. Malachy's prophecy pointing in this direction though it seems that most religious text actually seem to be very vague on the subject.

There is however certain things that I have found which make me doubt that it will be as stated by most mainstream religions due to conflicting prophecies even in the religious text.

Trivial little things like the fact that Satan is not mentioned even once in the original translation of the book of revelation (less than 10 times in the entire bible actually). Then there is the stories of the end from other religions that are not quite the same as the doomsday prophecies of "Americanized" christianity....

Did you know that there were actually "5" versions of the book of Genesis? Of the 5 versions only in 1 did it actually say that "God" created the heavens and the earth....the rest say he looked up from his throne and beheld the earth, transforming it as a gift to his children.

To many questions....to many lies....to many people trying to make religion "politically correct" or "Socially acceptable" by the masses of lunatics. To many books missing and hidden away from those who fear of losing their illusionary power over the masses of sheep.

In short.....yes its coming...yes it will be bad...yes it will be good...yes lots will pay...yes lots will be rewarded...in the end I think humanity will awaken from its dream with clarity of vision and a new purpose in their existance and maybe finally ready to join the rest of reality. Then again we might just *wink* out of existance....

Dev :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:33 pm 
Peanut Gallery
Peanut Gallery

I saw it on the news this morning also, so maybe we saw the same thing. I personally do not believe those particular prophecies are ?true? in the sense that predict the future in any significant way. Sure, the prophecies were right in many instances, but in all reality, it would take a lazy person to avoid making every one fit every pope in some seemingly significant way. In other words, you could rearrange those prophecies randomly, and still prove all of them to have been true. It also does not specify how many popes come between the second-to-last on the list and the last, so even if we go through three more popes, people will still be saying it is true ? just because they want to believe in something.

Not that no prophecy can be true (although I am not very religious, I would not bar the idea of predicting the future in my scientific mind)? I just do not thing this particular one is worth worrying about.

As for the end coming soon? that is what they have been saying for the last 1,000 years. Every person in every lifetime has predicted that the end would come during their lifetime. Why? Because humanity has rapidly become more and more stupid, and it would be outrageous for any God to allow such stupidity, and even scientific minds wonder how we?ve lasted this long with all the stupidity we subject ourselves to. Yet we become more dumb every day, reaching unheard of limits far beyond any Armageddon could foretell ? the true Armageddon already happened, I think. We are stamped with our social security numbers, and lined up as pawns to the powerful yet unbelievably stupid.

We will all die, the world will end, and no biblical Armageddon could be worse than the commercialized society we are so proud of today. We torture ourselves, punish ourselves, reward ourselves, and then kill ourselves. We do not need God?s help, or the devil?s for that matter! We can do a fine job of turning the seas red with blood and spreading plague after plague all on our own.

Not that it could have or should have happened any other way? for all the stupidity that we inflict, there is a lot of good, too. What is sad is just how much of that good is accidental, and how much bad is intentional.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:04 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

*strikes a dramatic pose with a human skull in one hand*

I predict that the end of all things will come on next Tuesday, at 05:37 AM, Hawaii Time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:16 am 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

Why Hawaii time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:27 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Why not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:10 am 
Peanut Gallery
Peanut Gallery

Hey! Let go of my head! :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:41 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

Hehe :P

Syd I think you would be a great motivational speaker. :P

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:07 pm 
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I havent heard of this but it sounds fine... i think prophecies can be true, you know Nostradamus predicted to the minute of his own death and was buried with an amulet around his neck inscribed with the date that his tomb would be opened by looters.... :wink: crazy huh?