Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:49 am 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

If you were looking for a private shard to play on, what would you look for?

Just the basics, first off..

UO erra.. AOS / SE, Pre AOS, older?

Brit map, custom map?

Normal UO style gameplay regarding that Erra you like?

RP shard? Adult oriented? PvP based? Races?

Etc..

Id appreciate the feedback, We are working on a shard for ourselves and a few friends to enjoy, back to the Brit map, and creating the game style from the day before Publish 16 hit.. somewhere within 2001.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:06 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

First off I love the SE expansion toys, not so much the changes to skills.

The Britain map is fine, with a little loving detail it can be make very interesting yet it has a familiar home feel to it.

Personally I prefer "ADULT" with a splatter (yeah thats what I said!) of RP'n to make it fun. By adult I mean people over the age of 30 since the maturity level of the planet seems to have taken a 20 year regression.

PVP is so imballanced that it will never be fixed and it will never be to "everyones" taste so thats pretty much a waste of time for me. UO has 3 different methods of PVP already if thats not enough then somethings wrong to begin with.

I think PVP is a good thing if done properly, the problem is that most people have no clue what properly is. PVP to me is more roleplaying than just a method of your 12 year old to vent steam after a hard day in the showers with the 12th graders...*You got a pretty mouth!*

Attention to detail is what gets my attention the fastest, course I know Dian and Roan have plenty of that. :P

For the most part I think its the people you play with who makes the difference more than anything else. A good diverse player base makes for an interesting shard.

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:33 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Nice to see you back Dian!

I think one of the biggest turn-offs for me is an empty world.

Last month I couldn?t resist the temptation and re-activated my osi account for the free trial offer. Of course I couldn?t go to the new SE map as I don?t have that version.

But even on some of the biggest shards like Atlantic the place was a ghost town.
I rode from one end of Britain to the other and didn?t see 1 other player. And this was at their peak time of night.

But then when you think about it, there are really 5 worlds now. Both Britains, that silly Malas thing and the other map which I forget, and the new SE. So the players are spread very thinly.

If I wanted to play on an empty shard I would be here on my own shard.
UO is all about interacting with other people.

An empty world is a dead world.

And as for every player vender selling only scrolls and the new Japanese furniture? don?t get me started!!

Diversity? that?s the key!