Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:15 pm 
Ryandor we really need a map made for our shard maybe u know my Admin, Admin Inferno? Well we were wondering if we paid you say $100.00 + if you would make a map for us??
Thanks,
Admin Neo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:02 pm 
Master
Master

wow u can make good money if everyone did that :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry, but as I stated in email, I just don't have the time. It takes at least 2 months to get a decent map made. Plus charging for a map goes against my principles. Not to mention it's a legal gray area.

On top of that, if I did a map for you for money, then I'd be expected to be able to make maps for others as well.

Think about the position I'd be in. I barely have enough time to help out here on the forums much less be able to have time to work on a map. I work nights full time, I've got relatives coming to visit for a month next week, plus other events in RL that I have to deal with on a regular basis. As it is, I've been trying to work on the Dragon mod too, but that's been slow going as well.

I'm sorry, but it's just not going to happen.

As far as the maps posted on my screenshots page, most of them are already exclusive to other shards or have been lost over time.

I highly encourage you to save your money and use it towards either a custom designed website (http://www.sydius.com comes to mind), or maybe towards the bandwidth you'll need to run the shard. Once you get started making your own map, you'll find it's not that difficult, and you'll have the better satifaction of creating it yourself.

-Ryandor