Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: River Layers?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:46 am 
I have been working on a map in photoshop with all of my major landforms, ie: grass, dirt, mountains, rivers, oceans, etc. but i found that i did some of my rivers in the wrong places. I used my eraser tool to remove the rivers, then i put grass where they used to be. Then i made the new rivers, and used dragon to convert to map0.mul...When i start up my server and go in game, i can still see the outlines of the rivers that i erased. Does this make sense and does anyone know what i am doing wrong? please reply soon :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 1:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It sounds like you've got left over statics from before the river was taken out. Make sure you are clearing statics when Dragon SP asks to prevent this.

-Ryandor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 1:27 am 
Wow, thanks for replying so soon, if i remove statics with dragonsp right now, will it removed the towns that i have already created and made static?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:58 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, it will.
You have two options at this point:
1: export/save/whatever the towns that you've already put in, run DragonSP to clear the river edges, then refreeze the towns.

2: manually remove the water tiles using MulTool, or other program that can clear statics.

either way and/or vise-versa will work as well.

-Ryandor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 5:15 am 
couple more questions... how would i go about saving/exporting my towns? and can i use multool with Lonewolf? i think its a sphere only tool isnt it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:25 am 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

That depends on the EMU you are using.. would help to know that to really answer how to do that. But whatever one you are using, you need to have an import/export command in the scripts. If you dont, you can use UOCopy, it can copy all the statics in a defined area to a *.wsc file. (that is used with World Forge)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

MulTool is actually independant of any emu. It does use the wsc file format that is designed for (older) UOX, but that doesn't mean you can it here.

Basically, you are wanting to export some statics, change other aspects, then refreeze these same statics back in. No editing of the actual wsc file is required, so it's fine for what you want to do. Really, for all you care, it could export it into an excel speadsheet, as long as it imported it back in intact, which it does.... for the most part.

Now, you're wondering what that last comment is, right? MulTool does work as advertised, 99.99% of the time. There are aspects of the program that do not work, like the bmp part and art part, but these are not used anyway. But I've had a couple issues of exporting statics in the past., so I can't say it works 100% of the time. What I do recommend is use UOCopy to export the statics. I've never had any problems with, and it too, uses the wsc file format. However, since all it does is export the wsc (for this) then you'll still need to use MulTool to clear the respective area of the statics that you exported with UOCopy. And when you are done, you'll need to use MulTool to Freeze the wsc back in as well.

I've probably confused you, but I wanted to make everything perfectly <STRIKE>muddy</STRIKE> clear. :)

One final note, WorldForge does work perfectly well also, but personally, I only use the MapEditor. I've not used the statics portion of it in well over a year now.

-Ryandor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 1:49 pm 
well, in case you were wondering, i use Lonewolf EMU. I guess i will have to try it now to see if it works.

One more question, do you know if there is a way to export a BMP file from my map0.mul file so i can draw roads through towns that i have already placed? or should i have placed the road, then went in game to place the buildings?

thanks for the help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 3:46 pm 
yep, my old photoshop map is screwed up, and i dont really want to start from scratch, so i need to find a way to export a bmp from my map0.mul file...is this possible?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:43 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

yes, that is possible. But, as great as that seems, it would not do you any good. As Dragon_M2 will create a .bmp file from a map0.mul, that map0.mul also has transition tiles in there around all the grass2Forest, etc.. So it will make a default color for all of those transitions it does not recognize.. (Neon Yellow) basicly, rendering the bmp useless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 1:55 am 
is there anything that you recommend that i do? or should i just try to salvage my map however i can?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 1:56 am 
i was also thinking i could probably use the fill tool with photoshop to fill the neon yellow part back to the grass or forest transitions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 7:09 am 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

I guess that all dependson how detailed your map is, I know with mine there would be no way i could do that. I think you would find that the amount of time you spent trying to repair a .bmp created from a Map0.mul, would take conciderably longer than repairing your original.