Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:59 am 
Making a worldfile static with sphere?
How can I do that? What program and how to do with the program?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:59 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

You have a few choices, my personal favorite: UOSP at http://www.uocm.de (tutorial at www.tragena.tk should it not be self explanitory).

There's the Axis Static Tool found in Axis at http://sphere-axis.sourceforge.net
There's StaticSphere which I think you can find linked from the Sphere page.
There's Worldforge, wasn't designed for Sphere but works fine for static'ing things.. tutorial on how to static things with WF and Sphere at http://www.scriptsharing.cjb.net.

Umm, there's more but I can't remember em ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 10:39 am 
I did all you said and followed the guide, but when I use the statics, then there is nothing that is static, it didnt work. I didnt get any errors, please help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:21 am 
Something Offensive
Something Offensive

You're probably going to have to give more information than that, such as what static program you were using, what you were trying to do, and other pertainent information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:13 pm 
ok here is some information:

Im using uosp, im trying to make the worldfile static into the statics and staidx files. But when it says there should be statics, then there isnt (im sure that im using the right files). One time it worked, but then doors and all was static too so I couldnt use them so I had to remake it one more time, but then it didnt work...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 5:04 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Well what did you change between the time it did work and the time it didn't work? Did you read the trouble shooting part of the tutorial?

Quote:
ERRORS I HAVE FOUND: (and maybe a fix or two :p)
1) When clicking analyse button it says "Invalid Floating Point Operation". I'm not sure yet exactly what causes this, but there are some scripts it just flatly refuses to accept. Go to the uospfiles.txt and remove all the new scripts you added but one. Try analyze again. Repeat by adding your custom scripts one by one until you find which has the error. Then you can fiddle with it like I did and find the specific item it hates. I did this by copying the script contents to another script it accepts, until i found the bad item.
2) When clicking info button it says "Cannot open file C:\wherever\whatever.mul". This means your file paths in options are set wrong OR you have sphere or client.exe running. Make sure you close them both.
3) You patched successfully, it cleaned out the items from your worldfile, but they aren't there. Make sure the statics files you just patched are the ones you're using. If you are, make sure sphere wasn't running. It'll let you patch while it's running and just fail (without warning you). If this happens, replace with those backups and patch again with server turned off.
4) You patched successfully, but some of your items are now "nodraw" or "unused" tiles. This means it froze items in your worldfile that it a) didn't have a mul entry for (bad art.mul?) or b) didn't have a script for. Make sure those item scripts are in uospfile.txt
5) You have the item scripts in the uospfile.txt but it ignores them and doesn't freeze them. There's a few things it's hardcoded (i think?) not to freeze. Anything you do a .setname on will NOT freeze. For example naming that mage shop sign to "Mage's Delight" will prevent it from freezing. Save things you need to name till you're done freezing completely, then keep em in your worldfile. Other things it won't freeze are items with certain attributes or types. It ignores magical or newbied attributes. It will not freeze anything that doesn't have locked down or static attribute. And seems to ignore things with custom types and types that directly affect gameplay (example t_booze.. won't freeze those bottles of ale :p).

Does your problem match any of those problems? Any errors? Messed up statics or completely blank statics? Did you double and triple and quadruple check that you (client and server) are using the same files that UOSP patched?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 1:38 pm 
Noone of that errors, and yes im sure that I use the statics UOSP patched. When I use the new static files, then there isnt any new static that should be there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:55 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Was Sphere turned off? Client.exe? Axis? Sorry so many questions, usually it's this or it's failing to use the right ones heh :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 1:36 pm 
Thank you RoseThorn, thank you, it worked :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 3:20 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

np, glad you got it working :)