Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:04 pm 
Young
Young

I'm looking to make custom maps in place of the Ilshenar and Malas map. But Dragon won't let me change thoughs maps due to the sizes.

Was wondering if anybody has made custom maps for Ilshenar and Malas, and if so. What programs did you use.

I'm currently running runuo 2.0 on a custom map0 with statics.

This site has helped me out greatly in map building, so I figured I'd start here.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:02 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello mate.

Punts Worldmaker mapgen can work them both. I'm currently using it while creating a replacement for the tokuno map (map4). Take a look here:
http://www.ryandor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3011

Quote:
I'm currently running runuo 2.0 on a custom map0 with statics

I might missunderstand you, but its not possible to have an llsh/Malas size map as map0.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:21 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Punts tools will do those maps, as will UO Landscaper. Later Dragon versions will do a couple of the maps, but not all.

If using the standard UO client, then you are limited to the standard sizes OR smaller (For some unusual reason, if the map is the right proportion, it doesnt care if its smaller).

If you "alter" the client or use a custom client, then you have no size limitations.

Sadly there are no really good custom clients that are either A. Finished, or B. Up to Date.

IRIS - Full 3D, Unfinished, Barely Playable
PlayUO - Standard 2D, Beta 13, Playable, but very out of date now (SE/ML Uncapable, Plus Exploitable)
Palanthir - Standard 2D, Finished, Playable, but lags quite a bit in some cases, also has a few bugs and an unpolished feel

Those are the core three currently, there was one in the works called SolidUO, but I don't beleive it made it far. And others are extremely old and unusable.

Currently, for custom map sizes your best bet is to "alter" the standard client (See Tutorial Forums for a tutorial), or write a custom client yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:44 pm 
Young
Young

hey guys,

thanks for the replies,

I actually used Bmzx007's tutorial on the client edit.
http://www.ryandor.com/forum/viewtopic. ... lient+edit

Then edited the MapDefinitions.cs to the new map sizes. The maps are in and working, My version of pandoras box won't let me see the full new maps I have greated. Is their a newer version that works better? Im using 2.0.0.5

Last edited by Viggen on Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:45 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

No, Pandora's box is dead now, the source however is on the net if you look hard enough.

As for the map sizes, they actually can be done on most clients, with older clients you just have to remember that the main size is different, and depending on which expansion it is, is what maps it will actually support.