Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:10 pm 
Newb
Newb

I have a map I got from Darkshard. It is old map 0 size and I want to convert it to ne ml size. I downloaded the ML Map Extender from files section. But when I try to run it a window opens and closes so fast cant see what it says. Am I not doing something rigght? I tried putting it into a folder with the map0.mul I want to change but doesnt help. Is there another way I can change the map size? Any help/walkthru would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:13 am 
Master
Master

Try opening a command window (Start->Run, then enter 'cmd' without quotes and hit enter), then browse to the map extender and run it (use 'cd' to change directories). Let us know how it works out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:17 pm 
Newb
Newb

Ok did what you suggested all i get is "map is not correct size to extend' The map Im trying to extend is 6144X4046 and its in a folder that has just mlextender and map it. Im at a loss. Havent gotten any response on ryandor forums either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:53 am 
Master
Master

Okay, I played around with MLExtender a little bit. In a directory containing MLExtender.exe and map0.mul, I typed in the command
Code:
mlextender .
That's mlextender [space] [period]. The command to run (mlextender) and the path to map0.mul (the period says to look in the current directory). After this, the directory contained the mlextender executable, a larger map0.mul (I did not test it, just looked at the file size), and a statics file that wasn't there before. Presumably the statics file contains statics from the original map0.mul...?

Hope that helps. Let us know how it works out, again.