Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:08 am 
Newb
Newb

Are both your terain and altitude.bmp supost to look alike. Im asking becouse i have finaly made a map but where the water is suposted to be there are planks. Also every thig else is like mesed up. Still working with paint pro too if any one can help me with a tut on that i would greatly like that. One final thing why are almost all the links in this forums not work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:59 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

The colors between the terrain and altitude should be different as they use two seperate color tables.

Most of the links don't work for the simple fact that most of the sites they used to go to no longer exist. As with all games people find new loves and move on.

Dev

Post subject: Mapmaker install problem
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:24 am 
Newb
Newb

I'm an old hand at Dragon, Worldforge, etc. - been here a long time, never post :P

However, I would like to try mapmaker -cannot get it to work - I've installed every DLL I can find but am still getting a QTcore.dll problem - is there some other program (QT or otherwise) that I must have installed first?

TP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:11 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

I had problems at first myself until I placed the .dll's in the same folder as the program worked fine then.

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:29 pm 
Newb
Newb

I want to make the swarper but i didn?t genereted...
Why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:27 pm 
Newb
Newb

Guys, i am having some problens with Map Generate 2. I click in the swatch and nothing happen. What i need to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:53 am 
Newb
Newb

hi all,

I've seen that it didnt have a altitude color table description for mapgen yet, like the one on this post for the terrain. For the sake of easy altitude spotting, I've come to made one myself and i've thinked to share the one i made with you. But the "Other" tile is missing on my chart, cause i dont really know what is was for :P

here it is:

P.S: If you want to have the image on your hd, just right click and select "save the image under..." (for the one who didnt know).

Edit by Ryandor
You can also find this file at: http://ryandor.com/files/Atitude_chart.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:06 pm 
Newb
Newb

Are thows color tables usable for Photoshop or juste Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7 ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:20 pm 
Young
Young

I tried both of them and they work properly on photoshop.

If anyone you would like a little help on swatch I would be glad to help, in english as much as in french.

Just contact me on my msn: lil_solus[@nospam]hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:53 pm 
Newb
Newb

Used search but couldn't find anyone with the same problem.

I used the terrain and altitude templates from MapGen and provided the correct width and height values (as pixels and as block divisible by eight) but, after creating the map, when generating the map (the .mul) MapGen crashes at 85%, always there, even with different sizes put on.

Anyone got a solution for that?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Just checked the error log, that's what it says:

Code:
Duplicate HashKey B1B1B1B1B1B1909090 was found in C:/Documents and Settings/Jorge/Desktop/Shard/MapGenerator/data/transition/Cave Entrance/Cave Entrance to Dirt.xml Original was named SANB
Duplicate HashKey B0C0C0B0B1B1B0B1B1 was found in C:/Documents and Settings/Jorge/Desktop/Shard/MapGenerator/data/transition/Cave Entrance/Cave Entrance to Mountain Cave.xml Original was named SEA
Duplicate HashKey C0C0B0B1B1B0B1B1B0 was found in C:/Documents and Settings/Jorge/Desktop/Shard/MapGenerator/data/transition/Cave Entrance/Cave Entrance to Mountain Cave.xml Original was named SWA

That's weird, because I didn't even use the "cave entrance" tile.

Edit 2: Nevermind, folks!

Map seems to work fine despite the crash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:14 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Not sure about the crash (unless you use an id not in the data). but those error logs are telling you the transistion data has duplicates. They have the different transistions for the same id (which is not good). It is trying to tell you the original name of the transistion, so you can correct (this is independent if used in your map, the base transistion data has errors).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:24 am 
Young
Young

Hello,

I'm making a map the first time using mapgenerator.

Here are my questions:

What about adding new colors for new maptiles?
Is there any chance to have a palette like the one in dragon?

Thanks for help...

Selurian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:07 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

It can all be user configured but it might take some work. Take a look at the files terrain.xml and altitude.xml.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:17 am 
Young
Young

Did so...Thanks...Helped me a bit, but I decided to use the mulpatcher for that. I've to many new items and artwork...Takes more time to configure that, than to do it step by step :-/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:34 pm 
Newb
Newb

Hey, awesome tut. Just one question.

After I created my first *working* test map, I named all the files with a 0 at the end rather than the default (4?).

When I loaded up my server Trammel was as it usually is, but the map took the place of Felucca. Is that...right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:09 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

It depends on what version of the client you are using.

The client used to use Map0.mul for both Felucca and Trammel. There were small patch files (commonly called the "diff" files) that patched in all the differences between Felucca and Trammel at runtime.

Some time after client 6.0.0 came out they stopped using the DIFF files and instead actually have a seperate map for Trammel, Map1.mul, while Felucca is now on Map0.mul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:42 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a question and a sugestion.

1st: Even having checked "Random Art", none trees or stones or etc was generated. Why?

2nd: I think would be a good idea make embankment transition between embankments of different altitudes. For instance, a 20 z high embankment over a 10 z high embankment should generate a embankment transition between them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:09 pm 
Newb
Newb

Quote:
A fast way to test out your map would be to backup your original OSI map files in the UO directory and copy your new map files and load up your Emulator (I use RunUO and have to change no settings for my new map to take effect) and log in and have fun!

How would I change the map as far as the server is concerned? The server is what checks for collision detection right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:35 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Id reckon the collision detection is a server-client cooperation; your commands as a client will naturaly influence this. However, I belive the actual comparison/detection is all serverside.

Changing the map..? Well, if you are speaking of using a custom map you have made, its a simple matter of replacing the standard OSI map with your map in both your emulator directory (i.e. your server: check your install directory) and your ultima online installation directory (normaly c:\program files\ultima online....). You also need to specify the path to said mapfile for your emulation program.

Hope I understood you correctly mate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:23 am 
Newb
Newb

Is there a way to make to increase the density of trees? Esp. in the jungle and winterland tiles I feel the trees are sparse.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:58 pm 
Newb
Newb

Awesome tutorial. Thanks for your works