Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I/O error 32???
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:16 pm 
Young
Young

I keep getting this error when I try to edit my map. I know the map is in the location and I know it is a valid map. What I don't know is what to do to correct it :) If you folks can help I would appreciate it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:27 pm 
Peanut Gallery
Peanut Gallery

Is the client or any other map editing/viewing program running?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:58 pm 
Young
Young

No. I have UO installed twice. Once on c drive and again on G. I use C: for my client and G: for my editing. Besides that I am connected through UOGateway using a patch anyways so it shouldn't be using them client side. I can open WF just fine and my statics boxes are green pointing to G:. when I goto edit map I get the I/O error 32 but both those boxes are green as well. If I move the map0.mul out of the folder it will open just fine buth the map box is red. Once I key in the location again it say it cannot find the file though the box turns green again. About 10 seconds later the I.O error pops up again... I hope I am being descriptive enough as I have tried everything I can think of including reinstalling Worldforge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:12 pm 
Young
Young

Okay for some reason it must have mattered because as soon as I closed my client it opened right up. It seems like I didn't have to do it that way before though. Seems like I bounced around and found the bad transitions and flipped over to world forge and made the change... then moved the map over when I was done... Ohh well... It is working now but not at the same time as UO. Thanks for the help mate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:53 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

when something is using the files that its trying to open it gets errors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:16 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Caldorean wrote:
No. I have UO installed twice. Once on c drive and again on G. I use C: for my client and G: for my editing. Besides that I am connected through UOGateway using a patch anyways so it shouldn't be using them client side. I can open WF just fine and my statics boxes are green pointing to G:. when I goto edit map I get the I/O error 32 but both those boxes are green as well. If I move the map0.mul out of the folder it will open just fine buth the map box is red. Once I key in the location again it say it cannot find the file though the box turns green again. About 10 seconds later the I.O error pops up again... I hope I am being descriptive enough as I have tried everything I can think of including reinstalling Worldforge

You do realize that unless you change the registry entries for UO that the client will always read the MUL files from the last directory you installed UO to? No matter where the client is located, it will always read from the path in the registry.