Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 8:40 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Awhile back I was running dragonsp.exe to place all my item statics and ran into a problem, if I ran the grass.scp with it, it placed items in the areas I had built cities. Now for people running statics before they build and static things in, they could just wipe the statics in that area, but for people like me with cities already in place, it really sucked. The thought of removing those items one at a time with UOSir or from the grass.scp before running was just not pleasing.

A friend of mine, Iz from Oblivion shard, offered to make a little program to help out with my dilema. Basically what it does is clean RECT areas from the dragonsp scripts after they're generated so when you run dragonsp it won't place items in those areas. Fairly simple to understand and use.

Found another use for it last night. We had added the rest of our dungeons on the map and a couple of them had water and swamp in them. This of course required dragonsp to place all the coastlines and swamp statics and such. I just ran that program and "cleaned" all the non-dungeon area coordinates from the scripts, so dragonsp only placed things in the dungeon area instead of doubling up on the items already placed in the world.

You can get it at http://www.oblivionware.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 10:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Very nice! I've not used it yet, but this looks to be very useful.

Thanks much RoseThorn!

-Ryandor

Post subject: New Version
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:57 pm 
Just letting y'all know that there is a new version of the utility out at http://www.oblivionware.com

Lots of new filtering options, and it works for UOSIR and Sphere compatible world files now too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:31 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Can anyone post a working link for this tool please? Sounds like a great time saver!

Thx a lot in advance.