Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Site updates
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:07 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Damn, I got off my butt and did something!

First, a new screenshot has been added: Screenshots
Second, I've started to update the links section finally (although I'm not quite done checking them all): Links
And finally, I've gotten the UO Building Design archive back up! It's moved to a new location as well. You can now find it at www.uobd.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:46 am 
Young
Young

Nice site, lots of cool idea.. but only found one actual script download :P dam, some people just like to be misers.. *grin* be nice to see that site going somewhat... But I see it is barely alive now as is.. Still got a lot of idea from it, good stuff! *cheers*

-Larvantholos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:15 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

What in particular are you looking for?

I try to put all the scripts in the Dragon-mod so 90% of the scripts are includes in the Dragon-mod download. The rest you'll find in the forums.
The downloads are primarily tools and such.

You'll find that most of the site activity takes place in the forums as well, and that is what I focus on mostly. In fact I'm pretty sure a lot of people go straight to the forums and pretty much skip the other parts of the site, as the index page doesn't even make the top 20 on overall page views.
Forum stats:
Number of posts: 3200 Posts per day: 8.30
Number of topics: 711 Topics per day: 1.84

Plus with over 240,000 hits so far this month (11,000 unique), I'd like to think it's not quite dead yet. ;)

Regardless, I thank you for the feedback, and keep checking back for more good stuff. As I write this I'm working on the mod9-plus. :)

-Ryandor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:08 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

I think he's talking about UO building design Ry hehe ;)
I actually have a script for the cool looking tower somewhere if I can find it. I built it brick by brick and then exported it from Sphere. Will have to look through my old hard drives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ah, it's been a day.... :P

The UOBD archive is just that, an archive. I can't take credit for it at all, and it's alomst two years since it's been updated. I originally never intented to put it up, but people requested so much, I decided to put it up. No, there's just the one download, unfortunetly, and I sure wouldn't have time to recreate any of the houses, but there is a lot of ideas there.

I'd rather not "add to that site" since that would imply I kept it up to date, but if people want to submit wsc/scp files then I will open a new section on the main site.

Also, speaking of which, there's another site that disappeared some time ago that used used to be mirrored on PaigeLore. Kandt's site did have quite a few wsc files that could be useful for people. I plan on going though the site and fixing it for redirect and will put it back up soon.
[edit] Done! :D [/edit]

-Ryandor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:27 pm 
Young
Young

Yes I was talking about house scripts, *chuickle*

Its not a huge trouble to recreate the designs, friend of mine likes to spend hours and hours and hours making houses :P but yah know, some of those look rather cool, always looking to save time.. *snicker* nice to see a site with some downloads up... Why not make it an extension off the main, and "update it" after all.. You took the trouble to put the mirror up :P

-larvantholos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'd rather create a new seperate section on the main site. It's a "autorship" thing I guess. I don't want to leave any doubt that I didn't run that site.

Now if a "similiar" design was in my side, then that's something else.

-Ryandor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:54 am 
Young
Young

Well, if you want to make a section on YOUR site then... I'm sure we could send a lot of custom house designs your way ;) After all.. everyone likes good custom houses! *grin*

-Larvantholos