Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Ultima Resource site
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:39 am 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

We have been working hard the last week putting together a new Ultima Online resource site for the emulator community. This is something my wife (Talshani, aka Roanoke) and I have thought about doing for years, but really was no place for another one. Well, with RunUO drifting at sea and having been announced that they are done, we felt the time is finally right.

The site currently holds the same type of forums needed for building an Ultima Online free shard, like script support and submissions, World building forums for anything from simple decorations to full on map making and town/dungeon building. There is a place for shard owners to post their shards and advertise them for players, as well as a help wanted section for both owners needing help and persons looking for work on a shard.

Over time we will certainly tailor the site to the needs of the community, so if there is an area lacking or not there, just let us know and we will at least consider it! We may also create more ways for shard owners to advertise their shards as well.

I will be migrating some of the more relevant programs and tools from Ryandor's site here and post them for reference, as well as update some of them to the more modern usage and documentation. Some of the tutorials here have been broken from old links and images that are no longer there, and I will do my best to retrieve them.

There are a few more modern tools for Map Making and World Building now, and they will also be either available on the site or referenced and linked to the owners website where they are available. Like CentrED+ and UO Fiddler for instance.

Punts tools, like Map Generator2 is still really the most powerful map making tool out there today believe it or not, and over time I will attempt to re familiarize myself with it enough to get some simple tutorials and such posted for future map makers.

So, I hope you will join us over there at http://www.playuo.org and help us pull the Ultima Online community back together. The community has been fairly fractured for quite awhile, and I want to do anything I can to help put the pieces back together!

I have discussed this with Ryandor, and we both agree that its best to leave this site as it is for a historical type reference, rather than try to re populate the place and end up with a confusing mix of old and new world building discussions. And as always, this wonderful home for all things Map Making will always remain here, as Ryandor.com will never dye!

Thanks, and see you over there!

http://www.playuo.org