Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:31 pm 
Something Offensive
Something Offensive

A brief overveiw of the shard I'm building:

The timeline will start a little before the war of the lance and progress foreward from there. I'm working on a class/level/skill system that will be limiting, but not too restricting. This will be a ROLEPLAY shard. A custom encounter system will be in place along with a "local reputation system" similar to the one in baldur's gate (just more interactive).

This is the map I have. (copy and paste link into your browser or it will not work)
http://www.geocities.com/orcsdomain/Ansamap19.jpg

What I need is somone to build the cities since I cannot do that and script. I don't have much done in the way of buildings (only about 1/4 of Palanthus is complete), but I do have the foundations forged in, based off actual maps done from Dragonlance books and roleplay guides.

If you would like to help either post here or email me (gumbyreloaded@aol.com NO SPAM PLEASE) with the following information.

The name you'd prefer I call you
Prior expirience in world building
Expirience with DragonLance novels (not necessary, but will help make cities look more authentic)
Whether or not you can forge on your own
Whether or not you would like to staff after I open
(If yes to above) Previous staff expirience in a roleplay atmosphere
Any other information you think would be useful

--Xelah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:16 pm 
Could you tell me a little more about the shard? Like your thoughts on enforced roleplaying, PvP, quests, magic and other general info? You are welcome to icq me at 110996573 or post more info here. I read quite a bit of dragonlance when i was in 7th and 8th grade, but it's been a while. I'm interested in finding people to share work with, though :) Which emulator are you going to use?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:18 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

<-------- that was me, above... Grr, ryandor i wish you would turn off non-registered posting!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:18 am 
Something Offensive
Something Offensive

Enforced roleplaying: everyone will need a valid in character reason for the things they do. A few limitations though on character creation, players will NEVER be allowed to play any character with a major speaking role in any novel (in otherwords, no characters that have more than 5 sentences in any novel). Reason for that, I don't want 13 Tanis's, 6 Raistlins, etc. All those characters will be NPC's or /SCC's (staff controlled characters)

PVP: Legal as long as both parties consent and have valid reason.

Quests: There will be more than a few static quests such as assisting the Flotsam guards kill the leader of a group of bandits that have been preying on travellers. Other than that, there will be storyline oriented quests where SCC's will interact with players, example Laurana the Golden General sends a band of players out to find the dragonarmy encampment and look for a weakness, then join them in the battle.

Magic: I'll have to get back to you on this.

General Info: I'll ICQ you.

Emulator: Sphere 55i or higher.