Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:54 am 
Young
Young

Rayonnant is a shard in prepetual development running on the Wolfpack emulator.

We are needing a few good... uh... builders to help finish our lovely map, mainly building towns and decorating dungeons with stalagmites and such. Oh, and some other horrible things that I will reveal later.

The only requirement I can think of off the top of my head is that you be able to build a map with Dragon and that you can make nice buildings. Not very difficult stuff. The only hard one is that we have to like you enough to give you access to the building server. =P

Anyway, if anyone is interested, check out our website http://shard.rayonnant.net and make an account. The instructions on how to log in to the test server are on the front page.

Also, you can join us at: irc.freenode.net #rayonnant or #rayonnant-shard

Here is my obligatory :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:47 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

*scratches head*

You need builders to make towns & decorate your world, yet it's a requirement to be able to make maps in Dragon? Are you seeking a "map-maker", or a "world-builder"? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:47 pm 
Young
Young

I was thinking more along the lines of "map-builders." If a builder has a good idea for a dungeon or town layout, they should be able to build it with dragon and fix any flaws before sending it to me to merge into the map. I suppose if someone just wants to help make buildings they wouldn't need to know how to use Dragon. But there are many times where I find that I have to modify the map before I can start work on a building. It is easier to just do it myself and start the work, rather than waiting on someone else to do it.

As for decorations, we won't be decorating until the map is finished. We are leaving the map bare so that other people can use it in their shards without having to go around removing all our extra decorations. There are only plants, rocks and buildings. Plus, most things will have scripts attached to them, so they can't be statics.

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:55 am 
Peanut Gallery
Peanut Gallery

That?s admirable.