Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Panultima Endeffect
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:49 pm 
Community Guy

Doing things the write way with Sunshine and SushiX...

I've only got a few points that IMHO have so far proven these to be the best set of emulators that I have come across...

1. It's BSD based... I've become a huge fan of any of the *nix flavor OS' (Rawkin Slackware current as we speak). They just run better.
2. It's OPEN SOURCE!!! Now as I've said earlier, there is nothing wrong with keeping your source code to yourself, but when you go open source you know you are hard core pro community.
3. They're motto rawks. "Riot is the Poem of the Unheard." ... I couldn't have put the state of desrepair the UO emu community has been in, since it's conception, into a better phrase. A lack of willingness to promote the spread of information also known as "Shut up you stoopid n00b, I'm so much cooler than you because I was here before you where, even if I wasn't but I'm still going to claim I did." That was actually probably trademarked by Phantom and his little group of mindless UO emu Zombie groupies.

Yes, even the community guy hates Phantom.

In any case, back to the website. I suggest people check it out. I am actually going to start working on my own open source server project. Probably based off Sunshine or SushiX. Depending on which seems to be most well developed and best documented.

Which brings me to the two points of this post.

1. If you want to run a server, run it with BSD... it's better. So if you want to run a shard I would recommend Sunshine or SushiX.

2. If you'd like to help me and possibly learn with me about the way a UO emulator works, and possibly be able to create the MOST versatile UO emulator out there... all open source. Let me know. Contact me via IM I use all of the major 4.