Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Introducing: ShardWire
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:42 pm 
Young
Young

Hello, my name is Mifune. Allow me to introduce ShardWire, an Ultima Online Emulator and Free Shard Resource Portal. I've visited websites such as Tanjiers.org, DBSource (when they had the green, pink, and black template), Emu Resources, and The Smithy's Anvil a lot, and have come to realize that they are all lacking something or other. None of them has a complete downloads section, or a complete web links section, perhaps because the UO Emu community is so large. And not a single website offers a significant amount of quality shard reviews and coverage. No one knows what's going on in the hundreds of different shards. It's hard to compare shards to each other, because no one can even agree on what makes the perfect shard. Some people like pure PVP, others like pure Roleplaying, but most fall in the middle of those extremes, and just want to find a shard that offers decent gameplay, competent admins, and a fair-sized player base. It is my goal to determine which shards are actually the best, rather than leaving it to the toplists to decide, and by doing so, decrease the amount of time that the player has to spend hunting for a decent shard.

However, I also realize that I can achieve an even greater goal with this website: to focus the UO Emu & Free Shard Community towards the common goal of developing a fully-emulated, fully custom, easy-to-use Ultima Online Game System, from the server, to the client, to third party tools, to the very graphics by which most people recognize UO, and to combat the exploitation of game flaws, hacks, and bugs that detract from the player's experience. At the same time, I intend to nurture the sort of community in which the playerbases and administrations of all the different shards actually interact with one another. Simply put, ShardWire will be a one-stop, fully-encompassing resource the likes of which the UO Emulation & Free Shard Community has never seen.

If you would like more information on some of the services that I am offering to the UO Emu & Free Shard Community, go to this link:

http://www.shardwire.org/index.php?name=Introduction

Last edited by Mifune on Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:10 am 
The Defenestrator
The Defenestrator

Mhmm, I like www.emuresource.com a lot too, both pretty good sites ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:45 pm 
Peanut Gallery
Peanut Gallery

Glad to see TSMC there. Excellent site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:33 pm 
Young
Young

*Edit & Bump*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:13 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

Your site did a vanishing act? Everything ok?

Every time I try to go to it I get a blank page.

Dev