Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:43 am 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

Some of you know of me here, others only know of me as a guy that answers questions, and helps out those that are working on stuff that has to do with map making, or whatever.. but..

Not too long ago I had to shut down the shard my wife (Lady Roanoke) and I had spent the last 3 years of our devoted life on.. the shut down had to do with some RL issues, that was unavoidable.. a cross country move, family matters, etc.. but we feel we are willing and able to reopen the shard again.

We run on a RunUO EMU, I have done probly 80% of the custom scripts that are involved with our shard, to date.. I have a friend programmer that helped a bit, but scripting is not the issue.

What I am looking into, is possibly a couple people that might want to join with us, to look over the map we have created.. and discuss the options of it for modifications.

We have built too many towns, and not enough random world stuff.. spawn areas, camps, guard outposts, and whatever else.. there is a lot of open forest land.. etc.. I think there is a lot of room for improvment, even though we have spent 2+ years already on what you see..

If you feel that you might want to contribute to rebuilding a shard that has a fairly good reputation already, and that could become what was once a "prefered" shard again (was listed 30 - 35 on top 200 list for many months) with some good moderations to the lands for the better.. let me know. We are not only after someone with an opinion, but a couple people that have been trying to build thier own map, have some experience world building.. but just cant get thier own project going on thier own.

For a fast rundown, the shard will be setup as Trammel based mainland (Our main custom map), with a second map for Felucca.. ( I have a custom Malas already, but may undertake an already in progress Ileshnar replacement custom map) a game style that reflects the Pre-16 erra, AoS disabled ( AoS graphics are enabled, but not gamestyle.. not open for discussion there ) and a somewhat adult base of players..

I have a very well established script base, for the shard, with a lot of modifications and additions to the default RunUO package.. (Including a huge crafting and 'harvesting' system) I have been with the RunUO community since before the very first Beta 1 release, so I know this EMU exclusivly.

This would not be just a world builder, but a shard staff. We are looking into a partner type relation, not just help. Basicly, we dont have the full dedication to devote to the shard, so even web and forum moderation might apply as well..

If you have concidered joining with someone to build a great shard, this may be the best oppertunity for you!

I urge you to visit our website at Ancient Legends and overlook everything that has been done there alone for a small portion of the time we devoted to everything...

-Dian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:15 am 
Master
Master

hey dian give me an ICQ later lets talk about stuff :)

Post subject: Well....
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:04 pm 
Young
Young

Im in the process of making a UO map... I didnt think it was all that truly fantastic, but Ive gotten some good reviews.... you can look it up on the forum if you want

I am moderate at scripting in C# ( been doing it for about 6 months now ), and I have 5 years of gameplay and 2 years of Admin experience under my belt.

If you want me to join your team, Ill donate my map when its done, and Ill help you out with your scripts..... in fact, I have a few of my own from my last shard ( such things as a REALLY good PVP script that allows both PVP and NON-PVP players to play hassle-free on the same facet. ) you may wish to use them, or you may not.

Anyway, the point Im making is that Im well into developing my own shard again, but there are a few things that I hate about running a shard.....

1) recruiting TRUSTWORTHY admins and GMs to help me run the place.

2) Doing all the god damn scripting myself since nobody else seems to have any clue how to program in C#.

and 3) Maintaining the web/Runuo/SQL servers, databases, website, forums, and chat rooms all by myself.

So I would join you if for no other reason than to take some of the weight off of my shoulders this time around.

Drop me a line on either MSN messenger or my E-mail.... they are both:

Dracolique@msn.com

See ya laters :)