Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:42 pm 
Newb
Newb

Hi,
First I?d like to congratulate Ryandor for this website and forum, certainly it helps a lot on UO modifications.
So, i am looking for a person to create new images for UO. I have a projetct to create a world like Lord of The Rings, and i need new images for Hobbit houses, etc...
If someone can help me with it, please port here :)
And sorry for my english, i dont speake very well heheheheh :)

Thanks guys!

Post subject: hmm
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:59 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

To add images like that to the game would be a daunting task that 99.9% of people would not want to do, most even if you were "paying" them for their work. To make a "Hobbit" you could just take a set of human animations like I have done and shrink them about 10-15%% and make them narrower by about the same. As for the rest...It takes a lot of special software and templates to get the proper angles for the isometric views used in UO and without them it would be a very slow and painful process. You can make hobbit homes quite easily using all the current items in the game and a little creative map editing. To get an idea on how to do this just check out the dungeon entrances in the Malas map and how it enters the hill around it. For the doors that would be a problem tho as they are not round like the traditional ones used by hobbit homes but that can be easily edited from the original door graphics and some deco touches and flipping the stone archways upside down for the lower halfs and adding them back into the game.
If and when I get some free time I might actually add something along those lines to my collection at Serpentsmoon.com

Dev Viperrious :)