Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Graphics Poll!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:02 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

Hello again,

I am currently working on a new set of graphic animations for UO which can be viewed at http://www.serpentsmoon.com/news.html Please place your comments or suggestions in the forums there. If no one seems to show any interest I will continue to develop them but not offer them publicly as the files for these will be rather large and complicated to add and script for the average player or shard admin.

Thank you
Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:16 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

I'm too lazy to go posting on more forums. I have enough to keep up with Ryandor, RunUO and Orbsydia.

I think the extra body types would be fantastic. It would actually make it worthwhile to script in other races, something I've never been a fan of for UO because all it was was different hued people; better to just have different human cultures. This would change that.

I think they all look good except the elf. Too small. I'm of the elves are tall and thin not short and tiny camp.

Post subject: hehe
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:26 am 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

Amazing you should say that, I actually made 2 types of elves. One short and skinny for wood elf and the other tall and skinny for high elf. Best of both worlds.
The first graphic that will be published will be the dragon baby, something that should of been in the original UO I think and is long overdue in the UO EMU world in general. Their cute, they weigh a ton and they burn your house down when they catch a cold! I love them! (about 20% done as we speak)

Dev Viperrious

It's good to be evil...especially when your good at it! Quoted from, me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:36 am 
Master
Master

i dreamt of different looking races all my shard development life. the thging is, that every item has to be made for each race. i was the opinion, that only a automatic image ripping, changing and patching could do this job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:28 am 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

Well he has to redo all the animations for each race.
That is where the trick is. If it were just a simple matter of making a new body and sticking it in we'd have tons of critters running around.

Babyback babyback babyback dragon ribs
mmmmmhhhhhhhhh

Hrmmmmm
Now we need a familiar spell for mages. The baby dragon familiar.
Were you tormented by the local kids for being a nerd when you were an apprentice? Well now's your chance to strike terror into their hearts with the baby dragon familiar kit. Muhahahhaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:26 am 
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I agree with stormcrow i hated races because and elf and an orc looked the same...thats not fun...so I also included clans in mine.....but paperdolls arent hard but actual animations for entire races are awsome...

infact long ago another person made a set of totally new animations even for the ellys...they were awsome and in a pack called UO REVELAtions, bit it dissapeared before it was released, dev vipp I am glad to see someone on this trail again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:20 pm 
Community Guy

Good job Viperrious. And stormcrow, if you didn't want the wood elves and high elves to look different you could always use the wood elves as halflings. :D

That's what I would do in any case. I posted on your forum Viperrious, I think you have some great ideas, if there's anything I can do for ya don't be afraid to ask. I'm big into the mul patching as well, and would love to work on some animations for ya. Would you be willing to post them on your site if I made them?

Post subject: Yep
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:32 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

I would be more than happy to post graphics or animations donated by anyone on my site, full credit will be given to the original author. I think its time the real people who put in the effort get the credit for their labors and not the superfluous simians that have been milking the fame wagon way to long at the communities expense.

Dev Viperrious

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:29 pm 
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

here here

Post subject: Update!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:31 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

Quite a few people are asking about how to do graphics for UO or edit the existing ones. Well I'm no graphics guru but I added a tutorial section to my website at http://www.serpentsmoon.com that should give some pointers on getting started with the basics. The tips should make life alot easier for those just starting out. I will add more as I figure it out myself or have time to create the PDF's for publication. Between playing the real game and doing the graphics I don't have a lot of free time. :wink:

Dev Viperrious

Old enough to know better...young enough to do it again anyway!
(Copy paste from my post in RUNUO)