Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:53 am 
Something Offensive
Something Offensive

Still pretty arrogant to assume you are the only one capable of producing a decent shard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:20 am 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

Personally, I find it rather insulting when some dumbass tries to create a way to get people to pay for the "services"... You want to hear something else.. I wouldnt pay a nickle for your "Services" if I had to log into that site every day for info, its horrid... Looks like you spend all of 10 minutes on the layout, so a quick tip.. If you want to attract peoples attention at the very least, let alone ask for a "service fee", Give them somthing worth paying for? Also, you seem to need a couple lessons with the SQL database, since your php scripts are not finding one.. jeezus.
Dont insult the ones telling you the honest opinions and truth. and as for my last question on the map time frame, I think I had a valid question. No one can start and finish a map worth playing on in 2-3 weeks, let alone 'maps' for that matter, I dont care how small you let on they are.

Oh, I forgot to say why I get insulted by this..
There are a good amount of great people out there that produce a wonderfull shard.. custom map, that have spent thousands of hours on everything.. produce a nice website, and all else.. that never ask nor even concider the thought of charging for thier work. Then you get some kid like you, with some thrown together, half-ass web site, that 80% of doesnt even load/work due to lack of knowing SQL and.or PHP alone, how should you expect thier shard and map they claim is so wonderfull? and then they expect payment?? Absolutly pethedic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:42 am 
Something Offensive
Something Offensive

Not to mention your list of "features" is pretty short, just my crafting scripts have more features than that. I wouldn't pay.

[quote]To be able to play on Nordic Myth, you are required to pay a monthly fee of 2$/ month after that your trial period is over.quote]
Sounds like forcing people to pay to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:53 am 
The Defenestrator
The Defenestrator

The nerve you have to call us flamers. I completely agree with what was said by Dian and Xelah. But Im not going to dirty anymore words with this. Eventually you will find out it won't work and your shard will be added to the pile of closed shards. If not, and if you happen to get succesful with many 'p(l)ayers' you can come back and tell me different. But right now, I highly doubt this.

Besides, how can several people work on one mapfile? It will turn out into a disaster, most definately. Heh, but finishing the mapfile in 2-3 weeks sounds more like an edited version of a map you downloaded on one of the sites linked on ryandor :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:35 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

leagaly you can charge a conection fee BUT be prepared to be audited and you had better be able to prove that every red cent went to exactly that. for if eaven 10 cents goes to your personal benifit or to benefit eaven a server upgrade at all in any way shape or form then it is considered profit and then feel the wrath of EA lawsuits.

my shard so far is small 15-18 usuers at its busiest. I put up a donation button to help cover the cost of the extra bandwidth and guess what..... it has done well enough with a few generous peeps that we have met the bills and also paid them up for a couple months.

As much as we all like to bitch about EA and former OSI they have been very generous to the emu comunity in that they havent shut us down for copywright violations. but its peeps like you who are trying to make a buck with a pay to play sceem that could eventualy have an impact on us all. for if to many people try this EA my just bring down the hammer on all emu's.

so why dont you just give it up and through up a donation button... for if your sight is liked you will get them and if your site is crap you wont.

gawin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:28 am 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

I'll say it again. What a dumbass.

It's not even worth you guys getting into a pissing match with him because he's just a dumb shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:10 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

yea i know it wasnt worth it but just wanted to get in there that it could hurt us all :D

so i got a little wordy to get the point across sorry SC ROTF

now if i could just put as much energy intospawning new malas hehehehe

gawin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:39 pm 
i'll say this and i'll just hope some1 does it, LOCK THIS TOPIC!!

There how u like THEM apples :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:20 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

quest4565675477767 wrote:
i'll say this and i'll just hope some1 does it, LOCK THIS TOPIC!!

There how u like THEM apples :)

I second the motion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:46 am 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

I thought it had died out.. guess not

-Fin

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2