Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:24 am 
Young
Young

First off, I'm not updating my geocities site anymore (You've still got it in your links), and the MultiList tool isn't generally available because all the sphere-compatible shard-lists except for the official one have shut down or have other ways of submitting shards. And I think the official one is broken at the moment too. Anyways, that site is listed under Misc Info as "http://www.geocities.com/shadowlord13_1/ - Shadowlord's site, Home of MultiList UO Shard Tool ", and you can move it to "Not active or dead."

Also, I'd like to mention SteamEngine, which is in development and moving forward rapidly (And yes, I'm 'shadowlord13' on sourceforge. 'tart' is Tartaros, who you might or might not know (He's fairly well known in the Sphere community)). It's open-source and coded in C#. The site, in addition to having a (short) FAQ, a page listing the project's goals, and showing the SourceForge trackers and news on the page, also contains the following:
  • A new packet guide, which is more detailed and more up-to-date than all the others I've seen, but which is incomplete (We're still working on it, adding new few packets every so often, but SteamEngine itself has priority),
  • A download (and source) for a set of utilities which make CVS as simple as clicking an EXE named "AddFiles" and typing in the file names which you've added to each module (It prompts for each), clicking "SendChanges", "GetChanges", etc. There's also a "TestCvs" which is mostly useful for SteamEngine developers to make sure they didn't forget to add any necessary files. (I use this a lot now, because I never remember to add files when I make them.) This requires almost zero setup. You just extract it to a folder, and run RunFirst.exe, it prompts you for your username, and voila. (At some point in the future, I may add anonymous CVS support to this, but for now, this is only useful for developers - But it can be customized for other projects on SourceForge fairly easily, and the readme has a section explaining how.)
  • A download (and source) for a UO packet logger which you simply place in your UO folder. You don't have to run anything special to get it to work, and it decompresses packets when necessary, and is smart enough to shut itself down and not log anything when dealing with a program which isn't UO (Such as the autopatcher, though it does seem to prevent the HTML message from appearing, the patching works fine still) or is an encrypted client (The packet logger can't decrypt, and so just shuts itself down instead of logging encrypted gibberish).
  • A "fast MSDN google search," which is just a page I made so I wouldn't have to keep typing site:msdn.microsoft.com when using google to find the documentation on various .NET classes, etc.