Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:16 am 
Greetings and Well Met!
My name is Raven CB Mcloud, and No thats not my real name. Had a name change however this is not important but what is will suprize you. Yes thats correct I am here to advertise a new shard. I know know just what you are thinking right now...
"Ah another lame here today gone tomorrow shard" When infact we were here yesterday and will be here tomorrow. What I mean is Fourth Legacy has been a shard of a constant and steady nature for the pass few years. I came onto the scene as the changing of owner ship played out yet this new Admin was still following his for fathers footsteps. Yea you know what i mean, a Replica of the Old OSI shards. Even many of the original gumps were being used.
As time progressed I began to notice we had the same 129 players coming on through out the week, the most at one time was 83 on saturdays. For any new shard this is a great thing, But after 4 years of the same players... even their schedule was known by everyone who played. Everything was predictable. Played out to make some great bar scenes but I enjoy a up beat always progressing and a forever growing scene with new faces.
Surely i would gain my chance to take the reigns. Shortly after I took Co-ownership of the shard our scripter fell ill and backed out of the shard business. This was surely understandable. However more of a burden fell to me and my partner on scripting... Ofcourse as my bad luck would have it, even my partner had a streak of bad luck in his life and lost the ability to host the shard for nearly 9 months. I was still wet behind the ears, While he was Missing In Action I began my studies on adding custom music peices and sounds to the UO client files, How to patch new images and gumps into the shard, aswell even advanced scripting. Surely he returned only to say his fair wells for he was expecting a new born in 3 months, and had to support his family. This was understandable.
So I have had to be self tuaght on the ways of running a Sphere shard, Easy right? Not for someone with ADD and Mild Dislexia *laughs* All in All, I think I managed alright and through the course of everything we lost those regular players from our extensive down times, and due to Actualy being closed to the public for almost a year now, I thigured it was time for a face lift for the Fourth Legacy Shard....
Fourth Legacy Reborn, is a shard inwhich Roleplay is highly recommended and favored, where detailed Quests plunge players deeper into the history of a shard that may perhaps be more epic than anything Tokien could have created. And PvP is accepted shard wide, however keep in mind if you are a player whom finds him or herself in a pvp style battle daily this may not be the shard for you. We do have RP rules based on the PvP option.
Our Staff is always willing to aid a player in need, and return lost or stolen goods no questions asked as long as you have one witness present to speak with a GM. New Tools allow you to craft a wide range of items from snow globes, bells, candles, pianos, toys (statuetes) and a list of over 30 new taxidermy peices from Sea serpent trophies, to Ant Trophies, And Spider Displays as well as Coiled Serpents, Eagle Displays, and Large Beatle Head Mounts. Crystal Cutting is also permitted crafting Crystal Armor, to Flasks that need Alchemy and Tinkering to craft using some will be like Bottled potions only with unlimited uses, and others act as Elemental Flame Bombs. Even Stone crafting allows for a player to also create Tombstones, and Engrave them at will for players whom care to... I dunno have a family cemetery. *shrugs*
I would love to have players gain skill and stats on an experience point system however for now until someone tells me how this can be done, or shares a proper script to achieve this, I believe we will stick with the Original idea for skill gains just a slight bit up tempo'ed from OSIs so you gain slightly faster. Plus you may achive Grandmastery in 10 skills, and 80 points remaining to play with. Stats will be caped at 500 in each stat.
We will allow for 9 main races at the start of the shard, as the shard grows so will these choices. I recommend players creating one Key Main Character and 3 others of diffrent races as each race allows you strengths and weaknesses you may not have in your main race. The fith is open for wars, where you create a "Average Warrior" character for a race in time of a war, so if Draconians war the Dark Dwarves. Players all across the shard can join in to even out the two races, they will instantly have 80's in all skills, and 130 in all stats. More on this at a later date ofcourse for those interested.
Now heres my problem.... I need staff members.... These are players I can depend on for atleast bare minium, 6 hours a week. heres the positions I need filled before our shard can Open.
Counselors: These are players whom wear fire-yellow robes, and remain in the city where all players begin. It is one of only two non-roleplay enforced cities in the shard. Here there will be a Counselors Court yard, A small Newbie Dungeon, and Even a Temple Of Historical Knowledge, this is a cathedral like building which has books on all of what I am saying and much much more in OOC context (for those that are unaware, ooc stands for "Out of character") These counselors are players whom also teleport to players in need even though it may be outside the city limits. Their duty is to aid players in the learn experience.
Seer's: Seers on the other hand do the same as listed above but are reserved more so for aiding in the emmense world of Epic Questing... Many quests envolve Real Characters whom can create real comments and be a real thinking person. From Gate keepers, to Monsterous Foes, to even a Riddling Imp in a temple. Seer's are the most needed player I think second only to Race leaders and Scripters, which I will get to in a moment.
Game Masters: These are players whom help build the custom map, help construct the history of the shard and aid in the production and carring out of the major quests that we will be releasing bi monthly. Most Game masters are back stage staff that many frequent players may never meet, Full time players whom are on maybe 3-5 days a week may see a Game master in his or her travels with an Astric by their name. Remember this is a Roleplayer Shard, GAMEMASTER by their name is not to appealing to some, therefor also for this reason Game masters are plainly dressed.
Race Leaders And Turf Holders: Alright first off let us begin with Turf holders, these are Kings and Queens, Pharoahs and Rulers of every sort, These players Are considered infact to be minor Race Leaders, or MRL's... Lets take the humans on our shard for example. They control all the land on one of our continents. on this land mass there three castle Cities, 2 fishing ports and a Ruyal farm land and village. Humans are but one race, but each castle shows a new ruler, new rules, new customs new traditions, therefor a diffrent race leader is placed incharge of this city and castle, But all of these rulers follow one true race leader. These players are to be the top of the top when it comes to roleplaying. Sure you can slide by in the shard as a Merchant, and not really roleplay, now one will frown on you if you hallor hey, want to buy some hides from me, But a Race Leader would say something more along the lines, Hail good friend care to veiw what wares i have for sell today. We are firm, but open minded at the same time. Race leaders have the power to promote players, give out titles whether their warrior is to be knighted or striped of his rank, its the Race leader and minor race leaders to perform this function.

Currently I am wishfuly thinking that the shard will be complete enough for a small veiwing around December 23rd. With Christmas trees placed and gifts abound. However I am feeling more like a one man band carring this shard on my frail legs as we speak, Alone carring this shard, It may not be ready for even a veiwing until Early febuary. With Help I may be able to meet the December 23rd dead line (of 2003), and release the shard public wide by January 10th. If all goes well. (of 2004)

We are running the shard currently on Cable, but will soon switch to a DSL connection and by April 20th we will switch once more to a T1 connection if plans fall to place just right.

We are planning on a custom Trammel+Lost lands map, and an altered Ilshenar Map. there will be an Arena just for those whom seek a PvP life style and can do this in the other OOC city that allows 3 Diffrent sections, From a Trapped Battle Ring, meaning hidden flame strikes, and spikes, and axes.... to Maze that also includes Monsterous spawns and dead ends, to even the old Fashion Arena... We do have a Roleplayed Coloseum aswell where players captured in war times will be subject to fighting dragons, Pumas, bears, and many other things.

If you are tired of the hassle born from OSI and Origin controlled shards, Seeking a fresh look, and a new idea. Seeking a roleplaying enviroment with new spells, and new races, and Great staff and player relations and player reconigition and rewarding to great Holiday Specials, where each holiday is a day that we put down the Roleplay gig and get together just for OOC conversations like a online family.

Fourth Of July, St Patricks Day, Halloween, Memorial Day, vetrens Day, Black History Day, Martin Luther Kings day. Valentines day.... You Name it. we observe many major holidays. 8) I think this shard's end product will bedazzle every single person out there. Its a shard you must live atleast once... Come Help us or make your reservations for our private veiwing.

Custom Map
Custom Races
Custom History and Plot
Custom Weapons
Custom Sounds & Music
Custom Craftables
Custom Graphics
Custom Travel Options
Custom Quests
Please Reach me for more info via email of ICQ or here...
ICQ= 98672468
Email= FourthLegacy13@aol.com