Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:55 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

I made a bunch of new gumps (paperdolls) for the races I have in my shard...I imported them into a new verdata.mul and now I'm trying to make it so when that race is selected the new paperdoll will show for that character for the race they have chosen.

I didn't see a place in races.scp to add it (btw Im using UOX Classic 2.0)
:cry:

thx,
Melody

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:32 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Your best bet would be to check out the forums for uoxc. I'm sure with uoxc it's hardcoded. So either you'd have to code it in yourself... or you'd have to have someone else code it for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:36 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

thx so much!

I'll give it a try!

thx again,
Melody

btw.....how do I get rid of the newb title under my name?.....is it something that just goes away in time? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It'll go away in about, oh... 2 posts ;)

However, posted a while back that I will give you a custom title if you like as long as it's not too far whacked out. Just let me know (PM me).

-Ryandor

Post subject: HI
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:20 pm 
Young
Young

Hi everyone some may know me from way back, some may not know me just wanted to say hi on my first post on these forums :)

OK now to answer the question, you won't be able to change gumps unless u change clients. Gump art location is hardcoded into the client itself, if you are an experienced programmer and still want this feature to work i suggest picking up krrios's client if its still around. Its open source and you'll be able to do it, with ALOT of programming but its possible to do. Personally its not worth the work to program races into the client but its up to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:46 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

:oops:

I'm not currently and experienced programmer......I'm a begining one.....so I'm not sure if I feel up to the challenge.....no harm in looking and seeing tho :wink:

thx for all your help btw!!!
Melody

p.s. here is the link for modify uo and also krrios' client (need to download the .net support tho)

http://www.uox3dev.net/files.asp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:27 pm 
Young
Young

Glad I could be of some help on my first post lol. Anyway, the way I would go about it (just in case someone wants to tackle this beast) is to first program races into the client itself. By doing this you can make alot of things happen namely different body types, different paper dolls, different ways items react. Right now there are two races programmed into the client itself (Male & Female), if someone wants to work on this I would suggest taking the current templates as example and work from there. Hope I can be of further help later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:00 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

:D

LOL

Ok,..........I think I found my solution........thx to everyone for trying to help!

It seems that there is a help file that comes with UOXClassic 2.0.......(I knew that when I learned how to read in the 3rd grade it would finally pay off)......Chapter9--Item token details........its under misc.scp for those that would like to know......

If anyone is able to script using a new gump for specific races like elves/etc.........plz pass it along to Ryandor or this forum. (expanding on each other's knowledge spews forth further enlightenment--more for everyone in other words--)

good luck!
Melody
a.k.a Valera Entreri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:23 pm 
Young
Young

OK, now i'm confused about what you meant to talk about in the first place.... lol what is in the misc.scp?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:27 pm 
Peanut Gallery
Peanut Gallery

You can plug it into the MUL file somewhere, specify it as a low-level clothing, then just equip it on the new race member. Kinda like the GM robes or the Lord British character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:35 pm 
Young
Young

I thought she was talking about actual paperdolls for other races..... wth *is more confused*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:38 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yup Sydius was right eventhough, I never got ModifyUO to work for me, I believe Eldamari that it may be better than Very.

that's what I figured out......sorry, it took me sooooooo long to figure out....however I did get the drow paperdoll to work and I'm very excited!........I took a screenshot.......as soon as I get some bugs worked out, I will let everyone see the "Very" code I used.......I know some ppl don't like Very but it works for me--thus far

ty everyone for your help!

Sincerly,
Melody a.k.a Valera Entreri

p.s. how do I post my screenshot?........lol[/img]

Last edited by Melody J. on Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:56 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok,

here is the img of my drow paperdoll (tweeking for the artwork of the drow and the centaur was done by my son--Mark Chesnut a.k.a. GM Timmy)....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:46 pm 
Young
Young

*gasp*
Partial nudity!

Curious though, is the centaur a shrink or like a toy/doll of some sort?
If it's a shrink, it'd be cool to see what the full sized version looks like.

Post subject: centaur gump screenshot
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:26 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

The centaur in my backpack is actualy a centaur suit....its the easiest way that I thought I could make it available when a player selects the centaur race. My plan is to have it place in the player's pack after they select the race. It is equipable/unequipable and you can actually have hair and weapons equiped and stuff...

I don't have the animations yet since I'm currently still worldbuilding. :(
However, I'm planning on doing new animations and the such when my shard enters beta testing...LOL if I wasn't the only one world building it would go alot faster....

I'm currently working on the tutorial on how me and my son accomplished adding the gumps....etc. (it should be ready this month)...
here is the url for my shard and the screenshot...(My website isn't completed yet)

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/hippies67/hidden_realms/index.html

Post subject: Re: HI
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:38 pm 
Eladamri wrote:
Hi everyone some may know me from way back, some may not know me just wanted to say hi on my first post on these forums :)

OK now to answer the question, you won't be able to change gumps unless u change clients. Gump art location is hardcoded into the client itself, if you are an experienced programmer and still want this feature to work i suggest picking up krrios's client if its still around. Its open source and you'll be able to do it, with ALOT of programming but its possible to do. Personally its not worth the work to program races into the client but its up to you.

Post subject: Not open source
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:57 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Krrios client has never been opensource.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:47 am 
Peanut Gallery
Peanut Gallery

What is up with the guest quoting other posts and nothing more? I have seen this a few times? bug? Bot? just some stupid person?

Post subject: Re: HI
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:38 am 
Eladamri wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:40 am 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

yeah, its getting annoying. My guess is just someone out there doing it, for whatever reason there could possibly be. and always an OLD old post too.

maybe its time to remove guest posting... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:44 am 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

It sure is, because I am getting tired of deleting them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:28 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

gah, you have been too? must be more than we are all aware of then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:59 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

Well I don't know if I'm lucky or not but they havent hacked my site, not that it would do them any good. But I sure get a lot of spam from Russia (with love) about huge black D*&k's...

Not sure if their trying to imply something or not.. :P

I just look the sender up and ban their servers so they normally only get one shot (not that kind!) but they seem to move to new servers every week making it annoying as well. After putting the "Verification Email" into use it prevents them from autospamming and then I just ban them from the members list after looking at their status (active or not) and the link to their site.

With about 50 members though its easy to weed them out. Wish the government would make it a 20 year to life felony in cell block "D" for hacking websites that "havent" done anything to piss someone off. Let them get blasted in that little 12 year old booty a few times and they will forget all about exploiting 5 year old PHP code.

Dev :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:36 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

To get back on topic (*chuckle*), I just added a new JS event to UOX3 called "onCharDoubleClick" (Yeah I'm not all that good at naming stuff), which allows scripters to override what happens when a character is doubleclicked. That includes mounting horses etc, as well as opening paperdolls - which makes new/custom paperdolls a breeze :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:33 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

Oh my bad! Thought this was the "Lamer PHP Hacker Wannabee" thread. :wink:

Dev