It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

What Do Players Want?
Poll ended at Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:45 am
Rares to get filthy rich off of 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Cool Quests 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
Crafts 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Custom World 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
really hard monsters to battle where they have to run and beat and run and beat.... 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Just a place to chat and screw around 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Just a shard to GM On! we could care less about ur features 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I DONT CARE 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5
 Post subject: What Do Players Want?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 10:40 am 
Master
Master

This is a poll please answer

vote for more than 1 if you want i honestly want the truth i know its a lot of options but please pick one so i can figure out all the things i need for my shard underdevelopment!

Please answer poll or reply

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:09 pm 
Players want, a fun game to play... as long as your shard is fun, people will play on it. Whether it's an RP shard with well written detailed lore, and creative and cool quests with a completely custom world with custom graphics and awesome scripts and quests and gm events, or a PVP shard with guild wars and tournaments and lots of GM events...

A creative and dedicated staff is probably #1. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 11:02 pm 
Something Offensive
Something Offensive

Personally, I think a better poll would be "What kind of world do you want to provide for the players?"

I'm not gonna get on a soap box, but if you want roleplayers on your shard, l33t gear won't draw them. A new map and fun quests might help.

If you want a bunch of l33t b@c| @zZ m0f0 d00dz, a bunch of items with bright colors and high damage rates will do it.

If you want a bunch of normal-ish people, advertising that your shard is a cool place to hang out and a few neat items should be enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 7:54 am 
Master
Master

well i have a huge disadvantage with my connection just being cable do most players want a t1 shard with normal uo stuff or a cable custom shard with great quests and more?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:23 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would think that having any besides dailup would be an advantage, provided you didn't have too many players..

..There I go again.. thinking.. I gotta stop that :P

-Ryandor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 10:42 am 
Master
Master

yeah i am building the shard on dialup connection but it will be running on cable or higher.

I am trying to get a team together but i am very picky!

Right now i am working on the map and thats my main focus but it will soon grow into death defying work :/ And I know i cant cover the work alone,but i'm cautious very cautious i have begun working on a flash shard site which should help get some eyes going well ..... once its done.

But the fact remains Cable is the second worst connection and most shards of cable circumstances are not very popular. :(

I am thinking i build the shard then save it tell i got a better connection but the problem with that would be....Emulators update and i would have to rescript most of the things! And UO updates as well........... so as you can c i am working on numerous things. please keep answering the poll people

is tragena still in development? or shutdown?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:52 am 
I agree with you that cable is very slow often. Do you have access to DSL? It's generally the same price as cable and dependant on where you live, is MUCH faster. I get 700k as opposed to my friends with cable who get 300k. And I pay the same they do and am not further slowed down by other people on the network. :) Just a suggestion.

I am also starting creation work on a server. I just wanted to also say that I think it's amazing what you all have created here. I hope to write some scripts of my own and add to your large bundle. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 6:53 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

can't get cable or DSL where I live...
grrr :x

-Ryandor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 8:05 am 
Master
Master

hmm then maybe i shouldnt feel so bad ^_^ but i am not 100% good either :/

Post subject: T1 : Here I come!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 2:31 pm 
I suppose I shouldn't mention that my apartment complex is giving all the tenants free T1 lines, eh? ;) Who wants to move to Ohio? LOL :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, to be fair, that's a very possible option for me here in the next couple of months.. Might be moving, and that's going to be a factor (cable or DSL, I don't care, as long as it's NOT DIALUP!)

:P

-Ryandor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:05 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

Ryandor wrote:
Well, to be fair, that's a very possible option for me here in the next couple of months.. Might be moving, and that's going to be a factor (cable or DSL, I don't care, as long as it's NOT DIALUP!)

:P

-Ryandor

I couldnt relate any beter to you, I as well.. living on a somewhat secluded Lake, 7 acres, out in the middle of almost nowhere Luisianna.. can not get a better connection. I could get ISDN, but wtf.. why pay 3-4 times the price that Cable/DSL would cost, and only get ~2x the speed of Dial-up? bah! So, soon, we will be moving as well in the near future, basicly only to a place that provides a DSL line... Is that wrong? to move just because of an iternet conection? hahaha, I didnt think so either :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Seems like a perfectly valid reason to move to me! 8)

More power to you! As far as I'm concerned it's getting harder and harder in these times to get by with dialup. There's more and more websites that damn near require highspeed connections just to tolerate web surfing. Is that good? I'm not really decided about that.

-Ryandor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:53 am 
Master
Master

Okay this is really toruturing

dsl is to far north and cable is to far south of my house to get either!!!!!!!!11

how bad is that?

REALLY TORTURING

and again the TSMC thing i wont post on ur forums from school again okay?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:16 pm 
Master of Dian
Master of Dian

Well Im hoping with our new high way coming in near us maybe they will run something nice for us so we wont have to move... rather likes the hidden house with land :P but hey its Louisiana (dian cant spell it) Louisiana is still 50 years behind!