Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:36 pm 
Community Guy

Haha! I slay myself!

Guys? Hey guys? Where are you going?! :oops:

Okay. I admit, it wasn't that funny. *sigh*

Anyway, I was talking with a new friend I made recently, and we got on the discussion of UO emulation back in the day... Let me tell you what guys, a wave of nostalgia the size of the empire state building landed on top of me as I started talking about "the good old days". :lol:

That got me thinking about you guys and how awesome everyone was in this community. I suddenly realized I miss you all. Ryandor! StormCrow! Yes even you Sydius! Haha!

What have you guys been up to? Me, I've begun plotting to take over the... I mean... plotting to get back into UO modding. Yeah, that's it.

Anyway, I'm back gang. A whole heck of a lot smarter than I used to be as well. Heh. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I said years ago that these forums would never go away.. Of course I never said anyone would actually use them...

These days I'm playing Half Life 2 DM.. I make an occasional map for that, but even that gets to be few and far between.

Full time working and other real life events pretty much take all the time.

-Ryandor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:01 pm 
Community Guy

Hey Ry,

I know how it goes man. :)

It's still good to hear from you though. I see so much that has changed since I've been gone. I really do miss this community though. Everyone here was great. Is anyone around much at all anymore? The forums did look kind of dead when I decided to pop back in.

Looks like someone finally figured out how to mod the UO client to accept custom map sizes. That's pretty cool. I remember posting about it here back in the day and I couldn't get the specifics exactly right. Nice to see someone stepped up and figured it out.

It really looks like everything in the UO modding community has pretty much died out. It's like a came back home to find a ghost town. *sigh*

Anyway, I know how real life goes. Heck, when I first came here I was single, with one kid whom I very rarely got to see because he primarily lived with his mother and she had ran to a different state. Now I'm married with two more kids. :)

My son who I previously very rarely got to see has, until just recently, been staying with me primarily and now his mother and her soon to be husband live just a few blocks away. So I get to see him all the time too.

I also work 10 hour days, 4 days a week as a Systems Engineer at a webhosting company.

In any case, I came back here for the people, and I plan to kick my feet up and hang around for a while if you don't mind. :)

Maybe someone who remembers me will post again and say "Hi", maybe not. Either way... I can't just shrug my shoulders and wander off. Everyone here meant way to much to me to just give up. Even if I just get a sporadic post here once in a while from you Ry, that would be more than worth it.

Seriously, this place was a home to me as much as any other place. Yeah it was a long time ago, but I like it. So I think I'll stick around and maybe share my newest exploits, perhaps write some neat tutorials and such. Even if I'm the only one ever posting on these forums, it would be worth it just in case one of you guys came around to hang out once in a while.

Thanks for stoping and saying "Hi" Ry. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:48 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

*opens a hatch in the wall, sticks head out and looks around for a second, before vanishing behind the closing hatch again*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:33 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

cant keep the boys away from the site too long... somehow something draws us back off and on for a little while :wink:

Good thing too, some jerky put about 150 spam posts of prescription drugs all over the boards.. all cleaned out now tho..

I love you guys 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:27 pm 
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

:wink: Nice to see some chatting here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:28 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ELVIS?!?! WHERE?!?!?!?!