Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Whats everyone up to?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:54 am 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

Hey everyone, damn I guess I been out awhile.

Seems things are prety quiet around the UO sites, what has everyone migrated to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:33 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Well.....

I'm working on 3 projects atm...

1. my own shard based on Dragonlance
2. Mapp editor/builder for Grimmworld
3. Doing a huge (11,400x8,000) custom map job for Hellrazors ShatteredSosaria.

you ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:54 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Still working on my shard. I still think UO is the best MMO that can be emulated right now. Looking for a project Dian? :)

Otherwise, just having a really busy summer. I finished the Sergeants Major Academy in June, culminating in 3 years of studies. Just got picked up for a new job in the U.S. so I'm getting ready for a major move back to the States from Germany.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:16 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

What kinda guy posts something like this, and doesnt even answer a reply? :shock:

Well, at least there's still a few of us old vet's still lingering around, lol.

At times I dig through my shard stuff, but I know better. Im not about to try to startup a shard of my own, but yeah. Give me a shout on msn or something HellRazor, maybe I could take on a couple little tasks here and there for you.

I may just reactivate my real account again, and see what the EA world is like again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:26 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

No Dian! Don't go back to EA, they'll steal your soul...

Nah, honestly I spent about a week trying out EA again, didnt overly enjoy it, but it wasnt exactly horrid (The horridness was just the KR client, heh).

I actually had a few guys who saw I was new and trying, so they chucked me a bank check worth 60k gold, that was pretty nice. You'd never get that out of anybody in the WoW community (They'd rather bleed you dry for level 1-20 gear at the AH instead).

I've found myself in a funny position lately where I'm burnt out from WoW, and none of the other MMO's can satisfy me (Either because I just don't enjoy them, or they're buggy/failing). I've recently been going over old UO documentation, scripts, designs, etc and looking at coming back (Plus I've got 5 hunks of fairly good hardware not doing anything).

I mean, the emulation community is a bit quiet at the moment, but that could just possibly be because nothing "great/exciting" has really happened, everything is just business as usual. I still think UO emulation itself is quite strong, but perhaps people are finally tiring of the fly-by-night OSI/EA clones (RunUO has probably lost some folk being that they don't want to support KR as well).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:46 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I think the quietness is only natural. UO has been around for 10 years now. UO is a small fraction of the MMORPG community (most news sites don't even cover it now) - and the emulator community is a small subset of that. And the emulation development community is an even smaller subset. So I think its only natural that the community will grow smaller over time and not be quite as active. That doesn't mean nothing is going on, there are still plenty of player run shards out there.

If any of you guys aren't running your own shards and are interested in helping out on mine, let me know. I'm always in need of good help! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:42 pm 
Young
Young

At least I see some pretty good active shards that are really trying =). We need kickass shards like Hellrazor's or Dragons of Deity Rising and Mystic Avatars... =) And yeah if things don't go the way they end up for me Hellrazor, I may take your offer about helping you out =).

Other than that, I am pretty much working on my own shard, Genesis, as well my own real life job haha...

Rav

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:29 pm 
Master
Master

For what it's worth, I'm still alive. I just haven't had time to do anything UO related for well over a year now... Losing my touch (at least the little bit I had).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

*Roll call*

Yup, I'm still here, but in name only.

http://www.ryandor.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 1690#21690

I'll repeat:
The forums will never go away. This is the gathering point for us all.

-Ryandor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:30 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

Been still at it on EA server, Catskills.. having a good time, in factions and all that. I have been finally getting up to date with all the new expansions, and stuff from AOS to now. Man what a learning curve there, lol.

I been feeling things out a little, the community comes and goes even in EA shards. IDOC's pop up all over, theres space for a newbie to run around most any map and place a house in fact. Sooo.. eventually, if SA client doesnt really happen, and people give up.. who knows, may fire my shard back up for the huge guild I have been involved with on Cats.

Ill check back a bit more often guys.. hope everyone had a good Christmas 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:03 pm 
Im Know Coder

*tips hat*

I've not been active in the UO scene for quite a while, but I'm always lurking. It's good to see some old names still around. Just thought I'd drop in and say hello to everyone.

Ciao,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:32 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Krrios lurks on Ryandor.com? Kewl! :)

I still check here regularly. Still plugging away at my shard. Still hope to get this monster online at some point! Anyone interested in working on a highly custom shard with me, let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:25 pm 
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

It has been a long time, I decided to get out in the world and walk it a while, keeps me busy. Went away to Uni, joined the ranks of normal workin' folk, been traveling, but never have lost my love of gaming and world-making.

Glad to see some of you are around and hope you are all doing good, if you have a mind to, send me a mail some time. jared@ax-n.net

Jared