Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Triumphant Return!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:36 am 
Young
Young

/lawlz @ thread title

Hey guys, probably none of you remember me.. I used to be involved with some shards and server networks back in the past. If anyone remembers SkullCandle Network and the Draspha server. I helped work on those projects.

I'm coming back to the UO community because I'm looking for the feel of that full 'sandbox' world again, that I can casually run (windowed) in the greatest medieval atmosphere around to date. I'm also terribly bored of the current grindfest generation, and until Age of Conan comes out (lol) and I'm going to try and devote allot of time to bringing a new shard around in the old spirit of Draspha, where hopefully I can make some great innovations to the gameplay mechanics to give a refreshing as well as nostalgic feel to UO.

I'm also starting school Oct. 1st for Graphics and Digital Media Design, so I'll be able to bring the skills that I learn through this course and have it boost the enjoyability of the shard, the appeal of the webpage I make for it, and as well work with some map creation again. (I'll certainly be learning some sick Photoshop skills :P )

In any case, I hope that I'm not just being full of air right now.. But I feel pretty strongly about making it a nice side project to all my school work.

ALSO, I noticed the Zyx3 page ceases to exist.. Does anyone have the map set from this server? I'd like to dabble with it some more.. Would anyone be able to set up a mirror or direct me to one?

Thanks and later times,
Justin

Last edited by Krazor on Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:29 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Mmmm, I've been meaning to do this for a while now.

Kinda getting bored with the WoW grindfest, and miss my plans, ideas, and everything I wanted to put into a freeshard.

Perhaps I'll make my comeback soon too...

Hope it goes well for ya!

And I agree, UO is one of the best sandbox games, with a very flexible client.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:53 am 
Young
Young

I'm now working out of a base of operations. NotSoBlunt

The main focus of NotSoBlunt is a web community, and we'll be starting up our shard project dubbed "Blunt UO". We currently have a good team and we're starting the roll.

Last edited by Krazor on Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: hmmmm
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:44 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Krazor

No Ofense, but this sounds like a carbon copy of 25+ other threads that have popped up in the last 6 months across the boards. Hope it works out tho, all these out timers comin back an starting new/old ideas..... ;)

To bad they can't combine forces and be a GREAT project or 3.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:29 am 
Young
Young

Funny how my post was exactly a one month anniversary of the first post in the thread, I never noticed that.

No but we will release, if anyone was looking to join the project they would be welcome. It's a light RP focus, with a hard environment, realistic systems and ai. We're a mature staff, and we have been on task with things so I am optimistic.

Last edited by Krazor on Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:50 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yup, us old timers actually will finish something one of these days lol.

Tragena is nearly done with alpha testing, if we could get DF back to work to finish up the statics, we'd be in beta. Any clones of Dragonfire running around out there looking for a job? :(