Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UOKR Open Beta started
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:00 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

As some or all of you may already know, the open beta of the UOKR client has started, and the client may be downloaded from Fileplanet. So, when are the first encryption-removal, map-convertion and InsideUO-tools coming? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:49 am 
Young
Young

is anyone even working on anything yet? I know runuo isnt but someone could start a runuo fork that works with uokr who knows

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:57 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

In a comment on the stratics forum someone quoted an UO dev saying the UOKR client communicated with the servers the same way the 2D client did....

But there's that bloody encryption to worry about.. *sob*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:24 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

All the file formats have been changed. They may still be similar though?

So the first thing someone has to do is decipher all the new file formats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:23 am 
Young
Young

I was taking a look...

Seems like these new UOP files are compressed packs of files.
Since they're changing 2D maps each patch to "adapt" to UO:KR formats, I believe that we just need to make a tool to Unpack these UOPs and repack files into UOPs again.
The Map/Statics files should be pretty similar, if not the same...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:28 pm 
Young
Young

i was reading that the tiles are different like one big tile or something for each texture but i dont know i think it was on one of the five for friday things i wish i knew more about this i would help all i can do is runuo scripting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:29 am 
Young
Young

I'm not sure (I can't be sure :P) but I think the client just check "areas" with the same texture to apply different than tile per tile now.
It should be why many streets in the game turned to use the same tile instead of random tiles as before. They did it in a patch to adapt things to KR client.
I found that client read files that are not there and I saw that new "Facets" files have almost the same size as Map + Statics compressed for each facet (very low compression).

Anyway, I expect its not this all different. Should be a pain any other way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:41 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

I got the feeling from sources I can't mention, sorry... That the maps are one big picture basically with increasing smaller ones layed on top of each other in layers and "parsed" together to get one final master "painting"
The only thing that is still tiles is buildings an items

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:13 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

One of the problems they've already encountered is that the new method makes it hard to tell where one terrain type merges with the next. No one could see half of the roads so they are re-doing them all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:46 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Just thought I'd pass through a link I discovered.

Its a program and source that allows you to unpack a UOP file. I'm not sure if it allows you to repack, or if it actually works (I don't have KR installed), but it was burried pretty deep down and not easy to find :P

http://www.uodev.de/viewtopic.php?t=4856

Enjoy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:19 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I tried the program and unpacked the file called "facet0.uop". The end result? 7 169 files with the file extension .raw, each around 34KB in size. :| From this thread on the uodev.de forums I understand that other uop files contain everything from .jpg files to anims.

God, how I wish there was ONE community, instead of several ones spread out across the globe, using different languages etc. Our side of the fence seems to be all but completely dead - and with UOGateway more or less dead and ConnectUO/RunUO deciding to lick EA's boots, nothing really happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:18 pm 
Young
Young

I checked some files too... found some really cool things.
But I'm a bit worried about maps... Maps are really fragmented now or the unpacker is breaking them?
Should be good to see a group working with maps and statics from these files (I mean, trying to understand what is modified and how they work right now)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:04 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Xuri, I think the problem with here, is that this is mainly map related. What we really need is like a UOdev.com or something, for any UO dev related stuff.

But it needs to be run by nice folk as well (Not say, UO Gateway staff), and kept up-to-date to some extent.

Emu-sites are nice, but the problem is, you only get emu-specific information, and you usually get a cold reception if they find out your using something else (Eg, RunUO's people).

It would be nice to have once place like UODev for all information pertaining to UO in technical client stuff and emu-specific stuff. (Eg, a section for UO technical stuff, packets, client info, etc, and sections for emu specific stuff, Sphere scripts/mods, RunUO core mods/code, UOX3 scripts and apss, etc)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:23 am 
Young
Young

ok i would think our main priority would be getting to at least login to a free server at this time what would be the point of modifieing the map if you cant even use the client in the first place

yes it would be nice if we had an english uodev.com or something like that

I realy think at this time someone needs to look over runuos code and packet sniff the uokr clients then completely remake runuo from scratch to work with uokr but seeing as the only people who are willing to do this are script kiddies I dont see this happening any time soon but if there was someone willing to do such a thing it would be awsome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:06 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

If such a site were to be made (unless one already exists), I think any emu-specific forums should be avoided, or there will develop a bias towards one or more emus over time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:14 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Actually Xuri, I guess your right there, it would need to be non-biased and allow people to just ask questions pertaining to what theyre doing. Hopefully there would be enough people that if something half-client half-emu was asked, someone could answer it.

Quote:
I realy think at this time someone needs to look over runuos code and packet sniff the uokr clients then completely remake runuo from scratch to work with uokr but seeing as the only people who are willing to do this are script kiddies I dont see this happening any time soon but if there was someone willing to do such a thing it would be awsome

You don't need to remake RunUO from scratch to get KR to work. KR was developed side-by-side with the 2D client, meaning little of the packet structure has changed. The only things that really need to be looked at at this stage is the logon process and the encryption changes (If any), and how to remove/get the keys (Getting them is more legal than removing them).

Once you are able to logon with a KR client and get into the world, it'll just be a matter of testing there and finding out whats broken and what still works. And trust me, there arent just script kiddies who want to get this to work, some of us just don't have the time to take right now :P (Or in my case, havent gotten round to finishing the KR download yet).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:25 am 
Young
Young

ok well i hope someone gets it working soon i would help but im realy limited with what i can do right now and im not very knowledged with C# i can debug and make basic scripts although i did manage to get elfs working b4 lol if someone got it so the kr client could login to the runuo server then i could make help with some of the other in-game things that need to be scripted or moded to work correctly

EDIT:

bingo! this is supose to allow you to change what ip uokr connects to dont have the client on this pc test it and tell me if it works

http://www.megaupload.com/it/?d=VX71GP6V

EDIT:

mega upload sucks use this http://www.filefactory.com/file/4a650f/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:23 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yep, it works. But since the encryption is still in the client, I cannot use it to connect to UOX3, as it doesn't support encrypted clients.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:52 pm 
Young
Young

so runuo supports client encrption with a script but someone needs to decompile the keyextractor and make it work with uokr but once again im not knowledged on the code well enough to do this but at least we got this far

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:53 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

There are two possible problems here which need to be anticipated.

One being that EA very well may have changed the encyrption scheme, which means that it will have to be rediscovered and implemented.

Two being that EA may have moved the keys, and/or stored them more safely, making it much more difficult for us to obtain them.

To anybody thats installed UOKR thus far, something I am curious about. Did you have to agree to a TOS or Eula this time when you installed or ran it? Or has EA made the same mistake again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:10 pm 
Young
Young

LOL i never read those agreements lol i probly should now that im 18 shouldnt I

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:14 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Bmzx007 wrote:
Xuri, I think the problem with here, is that this is mainly map related. What we really need is like a UOdev.com or something, for any UO dev related stuff.

But it needs to be run by nice folk as well (Not say, UO Gateway staff), and kept up-to-date to some extent.

Emu-sites are nice, but the problem is, you only get emu-specific information, and you usually get a cold reception if they find out your using something else (Eg, RunUO's people).

It would be nice to have once place like UODev for all information pertaining to UO in technical client stuff and emu-specific stuff. (Eg, a section for UO technical stuff, packets, client info, etc, and sections for emu specific stuff, Sphere scripts/mods, RunUO core mods/code, UOX3 scripts and apss, etc)

I've actually considered putting up a site dedicated to client editing and UO related utilities. Before I would commit to something like that though I'd want to have some knowledgeable people on board to help support it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:38 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not to toot my own horn, I'm probably the most emu-neutral site out there. I've never been opposed to having discussions that veer away from strictly map making.

If you want a forum, I can put one up.

Of course you can't expect much regarding the actual site, but name another site with a stable 5 year old forum.

As for a file area, I could put the old file manager back up and give permissions to those who want to manage it (vs the generic ftp I have now)

-Ryandor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:58 pm 
Young
Young

sounds like a good idea to me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:22 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

UO:KR Client Loader <-- Now apparently removes encryption as well?