Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:56 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Ok, so in doing the transition editor, I was able to get my read classes complete of the data for the client. As that was developed totally on the Mac (G5), they seem to work equally well in the all three environments (windows, intel mac, PPC mac). Getting that first opengl rendering on the mac was the milestone I was looking for.

So, I will add to it the fonts and anim1.

My thought is pretty simple, a basic client , old school I guess, that supports a single map, animation file, and the other basic files. Not even sure I will worry about the clioc stuff (not sure).

As Raged as indicatd he still plans to do a C# client to match, I will keep these low level classes C++. It appears so far no changes to the formats, but I haven't had a chance for Raged to weigh in. I think tiledata.mul and artidx.mul are leading candidates (add the size in the header files for the images).

Obviously we will need some tools, so a class library that reads/writes will be generated as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:32 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

If you need tools, I have a hammar and a flat head screwdriver I can donate... the wife wont even miss them ;)

Seriously though, sounds like some great progress happening, keep us updated, and when you are needing/wanting help in specific areas, do be sure to post that too :)