Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: seriously guys
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:17 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

mogmoogle wrote:
honestly guys i dont care. im serious i didnt meen to offend anyone. all im saying is its my opinion. i seriously understand you have yours. but do you really care. i meen you got your point across. im saying you win. i even said after my first post that i was sorry i said it that way because i was pissed off when i did. it just turned into an arguement. i never ment it to turn out that way. and im not being sarcastic. i dont know how many ways i can say im sorry and i give up... let me know on that rose :P haha and im trying to fix up some scripts in dragon. although i ended up just screwing it up more. im trying like come on. dont you ever say anything when your pissed off and frustrated?

Fair enough. It's just not very constructive or encouraging to developers to just attack what is basically provided to you for free out of the goodness of someone's heart. There aren't a whole lot of people out there writing tools like Dragon for UO and I imagine every time they see posts like this it makes them want to move on to other projects.

The lack of 3-way transitions has been a known issue with Dragon for a long time. You'll find a lot of posts about that here. That is really one of the main reasons that UO Landscaper and Map Generator came about.

TThere are some workarounds for the issues in Dragon, but there is almost always some "manual" editing needed to do touch-up. There are also some techniques that you have to use when creating your map.

My recommendation is to try punt's map generator. It is a new project, is being actively developed right now, and supports 3-way transitions. But please, if you don't like the program, please don't say it "sucks", that doesn't really help anyone. Offer some contructive criticism and ideas on ways it can be improved.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:39 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

actually just to be fair to dragon. most the errors i found actually were caused by UO3d client. i have since fixed them all. but its not dragons fault.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:17 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

there you go :lol: ,
Oh and by the way map making is quite simple! I have almost done map in like 4 days :D only now have problems with scripting dragoon

Post subject: Re: ya it did
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:51 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

mogmoogle wrote:
but honestly i think it would be fair to atleast tell people that its incomplete,. or what kind of errors they have not worked out yet with the program before calling it finished instead of beta...

I didnt bother to read to the end of the topic... so I might duplicate someones reply:

First of all, in a community that needs 3rd party tools, since there is nothing else, a buggy tool is better then no tool. If that involves more work for us, then so be it. At least we can work on it.

Secondly, and more important: If you would be so kind to check program versions, release notes and forum messages (which you probably did in those 2 years working on the map) you would know that they are all in beta, all need work, and all need to be customized to your own liking for any serious work beyond green acre clones.

It takes some study time to learn all the ins and outs of any program, and only after you know everything there is to know about a program you can rate it.

EDIT: Just saw that the topic was withdrawn by the author himself... sorry for the obsolete message

Greetz
Planet_Jeroen