Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:15 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

What files do I need to edit? I've read through a few posts from the search, and from just by reading through the forums and haven't found anything of help. So far I understand that:

**I used flamestrike, explosion, and the bigger fireball as refrences...**

Art.mul / artidx.mul
Contains the graphics for the spells... obviously...

Tiledata.mul
The first block for the animation within the tiledata.mul is the "starting" animation. The "starting" animation should have it's "Quality" set to 1 below the image count, and the "Animation" checked. (i'm using MulPatcher, so it's a check...). All of the entries seem to weigh 255 (lbs?), and there's no other changes.

Animdata.mul
The animation data is almost the same as Tiledata... The "starting" animation is the only one edited here, and it contains how many pictures are in the animation and the delay between each picture... (the interval...).

I haven't found anywhere else to be edited, I've checked all of the Animx.def (where x is a number...) and art.def files from the UO Folder. I've also checked Anim.mul/anim.idx, which seem to be only for mobiles. So if anyone knows what i'm missing or anything like that, please gimme a nudge into the right direction.

Thanks in advance! :D

-Aiden

Edit: If you want pictures of my values (since my typing is usually confusing), then please say so! (just don't wanna waste time/bandwidth)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:10 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

You've pretty much got it. Animdata.mul basically tells the client how many frames (and which frames) to use for the animation.

Tiledata.mul identifies the art tiles as an animation. These flags have to be set or the client won't know that the art tile is animated.

You can create them with TDV Mulpatcher by going in to the animdata.mul editor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:13 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

HellRazor wrote:
You've pretty much got it. Animdata.mul basically tells the client how many frames (and which frames) to use for the animation.

Tiledata.mul identifies the art tiles as an animation. These flags have to be set or the client won't know that the art tile is animated.

You can create them with TDV Mulpatcher by going in to the animdata.mul editor.

That's the problem... I've done that, yet they don't move. The ONLY reason I see this happening would be if the server tells them to move and such...

I'm currently just using a "New Local Server" to my normal shard with the updated patches... if that makes sence...

Any ideas on why they're not moving?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:15 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Make sure the tiledata.mul "animation" flag is set for the first art item in the animation. That same first art item should also be what you create in-game.

You can test whether or not the MUL side of it is done correctly simply by creating it in game ( ]add static "number" ). The animation should play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:20 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

HellRazor wrote:
Make sure the tiledata.mul "animation" flag is set for the first art item in the animation. That same first art item should also be what you create in-game.

Yea, the animation flag is checked for just the first art file... *checks for the itemid in-game...* Yep, i just tried every one...

The "Quality" is also 1 - image count... It seems to be like that for every one. The Animdata.mul is the same (other than the image count) as the other OSI-animations too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:22 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

What MUL editor are you using?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:24 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

HellRazor wrote:
What MUL editor are you using?

MulPatcher 6.5, and then to add em into UO I use MUO Patching Tool...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:59 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I would try it without using MUO Patching Tool or UO Gateway on a local test server. Also go back in with TDV Mulpatcher and make sure that your changes have been saved.

If you have used the animdata.mul editor to identify the frames of the animation, and have flagged the tiledata.mul, it should work correctly. I don't know MUO Patching tools well enough to know whether or not that might be screwing things up but that would be my first guess. Especially if the tiledata is not getting copied over, that would definately cause the animation to not display even if you've edited animdata.mul. Without the tiledata it won't work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:44 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

HellRazor wrote:
I would try it without using MUO Patching Tool or UO Gateway on a local test server. Also go back in with TDV Mulpatcher and make sure that your changes have been saved.

If you have used the animdata.mul editor to identify the frames of the animation, and have flagged the tiledata.mul, it should work correctly. I don't know MUO Patching tools well enough to know whether or not that might be screwing things up but that would be my first guess. Especially if the tiledata is not getting copied over, that would definately cause the animation to not display even if you've edited animdata.mul. Without the tiledata it won't work.

I've tried it without the MUO Patching Tool, I still need to test checking it with TDV MulPatcher and also just making a complete test server, adding them to the patch list, then testing it like that.

Thanks for the ideas, i'll get back to ya with the results of this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:13 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

If that doesn't work I would probably need to take a look at your MUL files to help figure out why it isn't working. It sounds like you are doing the editing correctly unless somehow the tiledata isn't getting saved or the frame sequences aren't correct or aren't saved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:21 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I found out what I did wrong! I never set any of the offset values for the animations! So it just sat still. *smacks head on keyboard!*...

So when i'm done this my babies should work :)

Thanks a bunch for the help :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:13 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

No problem, glad you found what was causing it! :)