Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:51 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Where do I sign up? I'd like to get these images as well =) Great work.

xuri|at|sensewave|com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:47 am 
Master
Master

Give your mail address and i'll send it right away.

"Be calm and silent, as Darkness care not of passions and lies. Be patient and cold, as Darkness exists out of borders of time and emotions. Just be yourself, as You are in the Darkness and Darkness is inside of you."
-Dark Ones Doctrine, 2001y (c)-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:14 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I already did ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:13 pm 
Master
Master

Hmmm.... that definitely not liking like e-mail... it talking that there is no any of that type. Please write it RIGHT it is exist.

I'll send full pack both to Dian. I've messed them up, so i dont remember which ones Dian is already have.

"Be calm and silent, as Darkness care not of passions and lies. Be patient and cold, as Darkness exists out of borders of time and emotions. Just be yourself, as You are in the Darkness and Darkness is inside of you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:56 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

Give me a little bit, and i will just post a download link for them all. There were a few that needed editing, the backgrounds were not pure white for the transperency in game, but other than that, once again some excelent work Xenoth :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:38 pm 
Master
Master

Hm.... may be i would to play at your shard, Dian? How are you looking at that? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:11 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

your more than welcome to check it out. Its not open to full public right now, since theres still a lot of development we are doing. Who knows, maybe you might want to join us in the development though ;)

If you are interested, register the forum, and send me a PM with an account username/password. Or, e-mail me an account request. I will create it right away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:58 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

xuri@sensewave.com :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:55 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

Sent :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:21 am 
Master
Master

Dian, ya got me interested in piddling around. Here's the results.....

They're not *wonderful*, of course, or perfect. Just for fun, really. :)

http://www.geocities.com/cdrjonah/ArcaneDeamonSkeleton.bmp
http://www.geocities.com/cdrjonah/DragonSkeleton.bmp
http://www.geocities.com/cdrjonah/HorseSkeleton.bmp

-CMS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:40 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Not to be a bum... but could I get the full pack too?

I'd really appreciate it. This is some awesome work!

Email: sharlenwar@demuria.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:30 am 
Master
Master

Ok, i'll send it now :)

PS damn... thats really needs to be layed out somewhere... or i going to be tired sending more and more newer pack every day :D :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:54 am 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

Damn, those are pretty good CMS. Xenoth did a good job too!

I just loaded UO yesterday so havent had a chance to get to try anything yet.

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:09 am 
Master
Master

Yeah, CMS got a nice idea to draw up bones from monster dead bodies. Unfortunately in my opinion they 1) too big to fit loot item type, barely useful for house deco or any other purposes 2) do not fit item graphical basics. But their skulls are perfect for that. I'm wanted to modify CMS images to fit both criteria, but i need his permission for that work.

Geeez, so tired from Russian copyright orders. Why we are paying so low attention to this stuff...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:27 am 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

Wow, thats awesome CMS! :D

maybe could section up the larger skeletons too, into several pieces.. where an Archaeologist could dig a spot, and have a chance of finding one or even the intact set of them.. finding them all he could then set them in order locked down to display the entire skeleton :)

man, with what I started out as to a fairly simple skill system, its been growing and growing with more ideas and functionality. Really cool.

Lemme know how anything further goes :wink:

heh, and to think I was almost not gonna post this thread, thinking it wouldnt really attract much attention :)

* I have added all the items (from 3 rar files) that Xenoth has sent me to the first post on this topic.

I had to reset my IP Directory at Register.com just now, so the download might not work for a little while, untill register.com updates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:22 am 
Master
Master

I'm enjoyed while developing somebody great ideas, Dian. Now i'm get interest in it not less than you ;) I will wait for CMS permission, and by way i could make something else if you need. Walls, floors... or just specify something from Archeology, what needs to be made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:33 am 
Master
Master

Dev and Dian: Glad you like 'em. :)

Xenoth: I agree they're a bit large for house deco or picking up and putting in your pack. But, I assumed they were meant for static deco for the dig sites. ::shrug::

As for the size, the template I used is straight from InsideUO, so they're exactly the same size as the original creatures. So, shouldn't be a problem placing them ingame. :)

Dian: It wouldn't be difficult, at all, to split the skeletons up into parts so that more pieces would "appear" as the archeologist continued to dig. Also, Individual bone sections could be created to "pack away".

I wasn't sure what monsters or creatures you wanted skeletons for so I just chose a few to play around with. I didn't pick any humanoid monsters as their skeletons would look....well....human, and there are already human skeleton graphics in UO. :)

If you have any particular creatures in mind, just make a list (and check it twice) and I'll see what I can do. *nods*

-CMS <---who is a "she", btw... :)

Edited to remove the "hehe"....I always cringe when I read that on other threads....makes me sound like I'm ten or something. Trust me, I'm FAR from ten... lol

Last edited by CMS on Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Even though most everyone has it already, email me the zip file and I'll post it for download.

-Ryandor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:50 pm 
Master
Master

Sorry. Forgot to add....to Xenoth: Feel free to do what you please with the images. No biggie. :)

-CMS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:49 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

Ryandor wrote:
Even though most everyone has it already, email me the zip file and I'll post it for download.

-Ryandor

I posted a download to all the images Xenoth sent me on the first post of this thread.. feel free to throw it the site under ryandor.com dl url though :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:53 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

Xenoth wrote:
I'm enjoyed while developing somebody great ideas, Dian. Now i'm get interest in it not less than you ;) I will wait for CMS permission, and by way i could make something else if you need. Walls, floors... or just specify something from Archeology, what needs to be made.

Glad I triggered an interest :) As to other items, I am never agaist new items, but right atm I am not certain how much time I want to spend on all the extra work it would take to add in tons of new items. I was really not going to even add custon items even for the Archaeology.. but interest just got bigger and bigger :wink: So, I have added other things I have had previously along with your work.

But I will for certain not turn down new item ideas and art!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:17 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

How about a new forum, with a weekly thread for new art of specific themes, which anyone and everyone can contribute to? Anything posted to the thread becomes "free for all" to use, with due credits, of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:32 pm 
Master
Master

to Dian:
Heh, the point of that i've gained the will to draw new items. Unfortunately, my staff members are pretty buzy now and cant to appreciate my work. Additionaly, we still havent good scripter in our team to make our ideas to come real. I'm the only one who have surface understand of RunUO (C#) scripting language and it is barely enough to make new in a base of old only. So i really enjoyed in that somebody really need my assistance in something i could do well enough. And im deeply appreciate it.
I'm not certain what you require for archeology. Please specify something in, and i'll make it. I'll wait for it ;)
to CMS i just wanted to ask you - can you make a diagonal skeletons, same great that you have made already! As to descript, the diagonal ones in one hand take less place and more conveniently to decorate some place, in other they are more compatible to game engine and will look much better. Ahh, yes, please make some ones in their standing state - they will look very great at homes, i suppose. I'll take care to fix them to item standart, and make them perfect. And thank you for your help in our little project! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:34 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Here is an idea to throw out at you guys....

What's to say you can't find parts of those skeletons, take them back to your house, and essentially assemble a complete skeleton of the creature?

For example, in our every day life, paleontologists find dinosaur bones, clean them and put them into museums. Why not put that into the system? Maybe have this develop into an Archeaology/Paleontology type skill?

I think that would be cool, to find a rare dig. Dig up some bones for a complete skeleton. Take them, and create a mounted version of the creature you found.

On another note, I would love to see more mounted/finished type products for houses/etc. So from your dig, you could preserve ancient artifacts that are found for all to view and learn about.

Just an idea of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:29 pm 
Master
Master

Well, that is a first skeletones purpose to use them as a deco in houses. That was maintained in very begining. As now, i'm not certain what else to make from artifacts, so better to give me some direction.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next