Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:39 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Dian wrote:
and, WHAT might I ask.. the hell does all of this shit have to do with Ultima skills?!?!??!?! jeez.. try to ask a simple question, and you get chatty cathy's swamping the thread with a bunch of nonsence!

anyone seen my dog?

oh, nvm.. I dont have one.. :?

How about those Mets?

* ducks for cover *

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:02 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

Mets?! they still have a team?? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:41 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

Sharlenwar wrote:
As far as that, what is Llwelyn Mahr up to lately?

Llwelyn Mahr fell of the face of the Earth.
Last time I talked to him was a couple years ago when he actually dropped by (Ryandors). Him and a buddy were working on doing something with a real game engine, but I don't know if they ever went anywhere with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:42 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

Well hell you know we can only focus on one topic for 30 seconds before we...*reads what he wrote* ...are distracted. :P

Freaking phone chat commercials...hate those damn things! They even have one now for gay men. You never see them for transexuals though, thats discrimination! Not that I'm any of the above but my bike rides pretty smooth and handles well on ice...cream...yeah...I think...

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:56 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

errrmmm... why are you upset that there are no transexual phone sex commercials?? :|

I like smooth ice cream too.. I dumped my bike on ice once.. skidded quite a wase... lucky for me, I chewed Copenheign at the time, and it was in my back pocket.. thats whatn I slid on, tore the pocked right off my pants, but saved my ass! hahaha (had to buy a new can though)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:26 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

LOL!

Doesn't matter, isn't this the Chat forum? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:31 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

My dog sniffed the kitties butt! So we picked blueberries behind the barn after running from bigfoot. Spam's not so bad on crackers either. :?

Who say's we can't stay on topic? Thats just crazy talk...that's all that is...just crazy talk.

The weapons skills could be broke down into 1hand or 2handed weapons as well as slashing or piercing maybe.

How about a trapping skill for rangers to make them a little more useful? Perhaps a special wooden box or a new graphic that would be invisible after its placed except to the ranger or detect hidden skills. Each game day it would have a chance of capturing an animal such as rabbits, wolves etc. This would be a nice way of adding skinned animal rares other than stealing them from dungeons as well as the old animal skins graphic.

Also I think that weapons should each have their own skills. A set of sai's take a great deal of skill to handle and work totally differnet than spears which are fencers. It would be more interesting if to cross over 100 in a given skill or even to get to 100 a player had to pick a single weapon and train with it. There is also a huge difference between bows and xbows.

Perhaps giving a percentage skill towards weapons in the same group but only full skill to the specific weapon the player picked to train up in.

My dog likes to drink out of the toilet...just wish he wouldnt try to do it while house guest are sitting on it... :oops: This is a pretty color!

Perhaps a "Bribe" skill or "Forgery" which would allow players to make fake documents to steal supplies from government troops or to make NPC's do things they wouldnt normally do like leave their guard post for a short time or guard the player for a few minutes before they realize they've been duped. OoO a butterfly!

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:37 am 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

lol ! What kind of powder has Colorado been blowin around :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:02 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Some pretty damn good powder!

The weapons could have specialization skills associated. Like Swordsmanship would be your base skill, then a specialization of that would be like dual daggers, short swords, longswords, etc. That way you could be proficient at a specific weapon, than a whole class of them.

You've got some great ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:09 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

Mining should be used to "tunnel" through the ground! I had a pet mole once...

Foundry or smelting should be a skill used to actually refine the ore into usable end product. Never cut your crack with draino!

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:34 pm 
Master
Master

Sorry, i know it is off topic, but i wanna ask - is there a possibility to change character creation engine by scripts? I wanted to make Aligment-Based system with Chaos, Darkness & Light aligments with sub-professions. But probably cant find that scripts. If it doesnt, is anyone have some kind of system to make it in first game seconds?

"Be calm and silent, as Darkness care not of passions and lies. Be patient and cold, as Darkness exists out of borders of time and emotions. Just be yourself, as You are in the Darkness and Darkness is inside of you."
-Dark Ones Doctrine, 2001y (c)-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:38 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

The client prety much handles the login stuff through Packets. I imagine you can change some of the stuff there, but I'v never done any more than changing the gump images (spash screen, etc).

Although If you mess with it, lemme know. I would like at some point, to change the world map and buttons where you select what town to start in.. hmm, actually that wouldnt be too tough either..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:05 pm 
Master
Master

Hmmm.... packets?

Dont you thing, that just replacing the map image in the Gumps with your own, could help? Oh... i almost forgot, there are need to rearrange town points...

"Be calm and silent, as Darkness care not of passions and lies. Be patient and cold, as Darkness exists out of borders of time and emotions. Just be yourself, as You are in the Darkness and Darkness is inside of you."
-Dark Ones Doctrine, 2001y (c)-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:01 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

Yeah, the image of the map is the easy part, the town description is easy too.. I think that would just be in the Cliloc files.. easy enough to edit.. but the buttons that you actually press to choose and send your new character to the corisponding town is where I would have to research. I am almost certain it can be overriden in script.

What EMU are you using, btw? If so, Scripts/Accounts/AccountHandler.cs holds the starting City location points.. Im in the middle of a ton of other things atm, but I will look further into this myself very soon too.. and let you know what I figure out, if you dont figure it out yourself by then :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:58 am 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

There were quite a few shards that had custom maps and used the old style town picking system. I would think that you could simply edit the existing scripts to suite your own shards needs. There used to be one in the RUNUO forums I thought.

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:24 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Yeah, we have a custom map, and use the old style picking. The reason for that is it doesn't matter what town you pick, it will still zap you to a location we've programmed in.

It would be neat to have a custom map with custom map points, but oh well. Maybe one day there will be a tool that allows us to change the client side things such as that? :P