Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:43 am 
Peanut Gallery
Peanut Gallery

My new computer chews up BF2 with max settings and 4x anti-aliasing. It plays FEAR on maximum settings at around 60FPS? all there is to say about this is... fun fun fun!

FEAR has the most awesome battles ever, I think. At least that I have seen. The ricochets, the damage, the lighting -- it is a level beyond any other FPS in that aspect, IMO. Even the AI is pretty good? of course, I only played the demo, but watching a guy limp away after shooting his leg was nifty neat, though seeing them jump off a stairway and then promptly run back up to the top makes me wonder if some if it just for show, heh. FEAR is way too scary for me to buy, though. I do not like scary games; I play them, and I may even have more motivation to beat them, but I still have more fun when it is about strategy and not wetting myself. The moment when you climb down the latter in FEAR? oh man? it made my girlfriend fall out of her chair, and she was just watching. The multiplayer was just as scary, but scary as in "I can't believe it is that horrible"... no fun at all; you run way too quickly, it is too dungeon-crawlishness... blah, I am spoiled by BF2.

I wish you could combine the two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:05 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

What is BF2?

At work we use duel processor Opterons with 8 gigs and a 512meg video card...games rock in those :P

My next upgrade will be to a dual SLI 2x video system which should be good till virtual reality becomes a reality...

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:38 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Battlefield 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:49 am 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

Ah never heard of it. But considering I really don't play much in the way of games anymore, thats not surprising... :wink:

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:40 pm 
Peanut Gallery
Peanut Gallery

Dev Viperrious wrote:
Ah never heard of it. But considering I really don't play much in the way of games anymore, thats not surprising... :wink:

Dev

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:52 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

Sydius wrote:
Dev Viperrious wrote:

Dev

I'll second that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:59 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

WHAT???... I'm such a loser! *Cries*...*blows his nose*...*eats another Bon-Bon*... :P

I still play UO, but don't have the time for much of anything else anymore. I'm on the Board of Directors for two non-profit groups and have a normal job on top of that. With 3-5 meetings in the evenings after work and more on the weekends it doesnt leave me with a whole lot of time.

The last few online games I've played were rather boring after a few weeks, Ever Lost, Anarchy Onsomeonesass, Star Whores and a couple others. Very poorly planned games if you ask me though they have their good points, just way to many bad ones that outway them.

As for Play-withmyself-Stations or XBox(Chicken-Pox), I don't own or want any of them. Can't see paying that kind of money for something so limiting. You never read about anyone hacking into the Pentagon Mainframes with an XBox...

SORRY! I will try to play more! Ok??? :wink:

Dev