Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Custom art tutorials.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:08 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok, I decided to make some art of my own, but I have only such programs as paint and paint shop pro, which I don't know how to use and I am too lazy to go through all the tutorials. What I wanted to find out is, whether there is a certain program you use for making new bmp files for new uo arts, for example, I have a vertical log, if I rotate the image to make it lie on the ground it will look strange and won't fit in the game anyway. So what are the tools I have to use to stretch the image to fit in the perspective of UO? What program should I use? Any tutorials out there?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:31 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

The first thing you'll need to do is read all the tutorials your to lazy to read.

The second thing is just look at the art that is already in the game, it works the same at the ones already there.

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:41 am 
Master
Master

Surely, you should to read them first. Then try to use Adobe Photoshop (if avaliable) with Indexed Colors Mode ( Windows 256 colors ). I have used that. It's give ability to use selections and utils + keeping color pallete in a range of UO graphical system.

Remember, Lazyness is a main curse of humanity. If i wasn't lazy, i could to be at university now :)

"Be calm and silent, as Darkness care not of passions and lies. Be patient and cold, as Darkness exists out of borders of time and emotions. Just be yourself, as You are in the Darkness and Darkness is inside of you."
-Dark Ones Doctrine, 2001y (c)-