Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: RunUO -- my opinion.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 4:50 pm 
Peanut Gallery
Peanut Gallery

I lost intrest at the "#" sign after the "C"... I have a major bias agaisnt any language other than assembly or C/C++.

I would post this on their boards, but, well, I'm too lazy to register.

Their site is my bigest complaint, though. Total M$ rip-off. They stole M$ colors, and throw around the M$ name like it was candy. The layout looks strangely familure to M$'s website, too. Not a big linux fan, I suppose?

Anyway I do know .NET is a stupid idea and C# is a worse idea. Ask any proffesional programer, and you'll get the same reaction. Wether or not it's good enough for a UO emulator, time will tell.

Until a revolution occurs and they break something out that looks better than a bad M$ parody, though, I'll stick by POL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 4:57 pm 
We arent trying to get your business so to speak.. we are having fun... I designed that site myself, and yes, it was a takeoff of an older MS design. Do I care.. NOPE.. Are they MS colors NOPE... does C# rock.... sure does... as far as being a Linux fan, I am a huge Linux fan... anyone that knows me can tell you that... I dont have to sit here and defend RunUO against your opinions... but judging something without having tried it is my problem... as far as asking a professional programmer... wow.. I develop all day long.. and guess what else... I work with about 15 other guys on my team... and what did they say about using C#... GREAT idea for easy to use and quick to deploy for end users.

We have our reasons on why we chose C# for RunUO... dont like it... then just dont use it... we didnt make you come to the site did we?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 5:03 pm 
Peanut Gallery
Peanut Gallery

Yeah, and I could point out a dozen people who will claim QuickBASIC is the best language out there.

Personally, though, I don't have to step in a pile of shit to know I don't want to. ;-)

No, you didn't make me come to your site. No one forced you here, either, though. So, no, you don't have to defend it anymore than a dog would have to defend it's waiste.

But anyway, I'm not going to complain about how well it works until I've tried it myself. I didn't say it ran poorly, I said that C# and .NET are both very stupid ideas, and that's about as debatable as the QuickBASIC comment at the top.

As for you selling it to me, well, that's not the impresion I got when I saw your site ;-) You look needy for attension to me!

Post subject: .......
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:37 pm 
Looks like a lot of us POL users will have to eat our words, I tried it tonight and for as young as it is, its amazing. AI is unreal.

Tallin
http://server30.hypermart.net/ultimaonline2/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:50 pm 
Peanut Gallery
Peanut Gallery

I'd put more faith into a server programmed in VB (which, btw, I wouldn't put any faith in).

:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:17 am 
vb is a powerful language

Post subject: this is has merit.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:47 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

well, u have to agree, everybody has thier opinions. i myself have not tried runuo yet, but heres the thing. ignoring the fact that runuo uses C, compared to other emus, how stable is it? Sphere always has bugs, the code for sphere was developed by scratch, at least C is a known language. if someone wants to make their own emu, fine wit me. i say, dont complain if your not going to make one urself. Runuo is the most stable emu ive seen. supports all the good stuff from OSI, on the other emus, there is always somtin missing, or messed up, or something suplemented for the real thing. Dont diss something that beats everything else. For now, Runuo looks like the best emu u can use right now, even if they're still in diapers. :wink: Give em time, they'll be unchallenged.

:twisted: dont tell rosethorn i said dat, being a sphere admin an all. well, dont even mention my name, she hates my guts. :lol:

Post subject: Re: this is has merit.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 3:52 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Draconis Flamestrike wrote:
i myself have not tried runuo yet, but heres the thing. ignoring the fact that runuo uses C, compared to other emus, how stable is it? Sphere always has bugs, the code for sphere was developed by scratch, at least C is a known language.

Runuo is the most stable emu ive seen.

dont tell rosethorn i said dat, being a sphere admin an all. well, dont even mention my name, she hates my guts. :lol:

You've never used it, but yet it's better than all the rest. You haven't tried it, but you know it's the most stable you've ever seen. C is a known language??? First it's made in C# not C. What the hell do you think the other emus are made with, string cheese? Sphere is C++. UOX is C++. I can think of two other C# emulators and a dozen other C++ emulators. Are you gonna tell me C# is somehow more "well known" or stable than C++? Developed by scratch? I'd think maybe that'd say a lot for an emulator. The alternative is um, copied? RunUO is developed from scratch too dear.

Do me a favor k? Stop parroting propaganda you read on other websites and hear on forums. Stop talking about me like I don't exist, you can use any emulator you want, you can say RunUO is the best thing since sliced bread if you want. It's not my business what you prefer, as a person or a Sphere admin. As a person I hope to fucking god you jump for RunUO and stay on their forums fulltime and never show up on Sphere's again. As a Sphere admin.. yup same thing, you're annoying :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:40 pm 
Something Offensive
Something Offensive

The UO EMU community has not gone to hell... it is hell.

--Xelah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 6:46 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ingoring the fact that saying ur name brings down a hella lot of pain, sorry, i thougth that the other emus were running somtin else, coulndt rem,ember the name. A friend told me. I HAVE tried runuo, mistake in my post. I dont know who exactly does all the programming for sphere, but i do see alot more bugs then i did in runuo.

I wasnt talkin like u didnt exist, u dont want me talking to u, so i said dat so you would get pissed at me, whoops, i guess it didnt work.... Ill cut the crap talk if u do too, people are complainin about our bikkering, and i dont want to take away from ryandor his much needed forume space.....

xelah, its all too true, free things in life alwys have a bad side.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 7:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

fin.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]