Am I full of shit on this one?
Yeah, WTF's your problem? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, you got it spot on. 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: Another website...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 4:32 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Has anyone else noticed how they really don't update anything cept the news (but at least it's that much)?

I've sent an email a couple of times, and now I've even posted on their forums asking to change my link (now two sites old, from January).

Also, for claiming to have the most downloads, it doesn't appear that they update them. MiniMythril had an new release a little over a week ago, so I would maybe not fault them for not getting it updated yet, but taking into consideration my links' not been updated since January, I wonder.

One last thing...
Define the word "soon", as in "We are working on an ASP version which will be finished soon..."

This site has the potential to become popular, like they said they were going to several months ago, but now it's "just there". And before you pass that kettle to me, keep in mind I've never claimed to be a big site. Mine is essentially a map tutorial site. I'm "just here" and I'm happy with that.

I also hope that people that read this do not talk this as a "fuck them, I'm better" post, as it's not.. I just hope that maybe someone can change my outlook on that site. A little healthy criticism is good from time to time, and should be taken as such.

-Ryandor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 1:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well. It appears that this post might have been a factor in getting my page link updated. It's now current. It is good to see some change for the better. Hopefully these changes will continue!

However, at one time they said that they have the largest selection of downloads available anywhere (related to UOX). However, *I* can proudly say that *I* have a couple they don't! :D
And as I've mentioned before, I've no problems with other being a source of my downloads. But I'd almost prefer at this point, that maybe those links should point to the originating page of the download so that the visitor does not get an outdated version of something.
Case in point: Cartographer is an old bugged version that doesn't actually work correctly. And there is no easy way to tell.

I welcome comments on this post! If you have an opinion, speak up!

-Ryandor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:20 am 
GET ON IT DADDY-O