Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:27 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

If any of you World Builders out there are between projects or are looking for a challenging project, Shattered Sosaria wants you!

I'm looking for individuals who can produce OSI-quality maps and statics to help build an immersive world for Shattered Sosaria. Not just any custom map, but a custom map with a custom map size - our world map is going to be about 2-3 times the size of a standard Britannia map (not counting a seperate map used for dungeons). As I am dedicating most of my time to scripting, I need some help to create the physical world for our shard.

I'll be including a ton of custom artwork in our shard, to include a lot of custom walls, floor tiles, and interior decoration - which should allow you world builders and decorators to create some very unique and imaginative stuff.

Obviously, experience in common UO world editing utilities is a must (one or more of the following - Dragon, UOL, MG2, CentrEd, UO Architect, Worldmaker, Worldforge, etc.) I can use decorators, but what I really need are people who can do both terrain and decor, and who can work independently or as part of a team. I have high standards for the shard and I'm looking for some talented and enthusiastic builders.

Shattered Sosaria is set during the ancient days of the world, some time between the time Zog cast the Armageddon spell and the beginning of Ultima 1 (for all you old Ultima fans). This isn't a kiddie project running a default RunUO setup for a few days before going offline. We've been in development for a few years now and we have a unique vision of what we want the shard to become. The shard will be an RP intensive environment that makes extensive use of lore, background fiction, in-game quests, and "custom" stuff. We have a leased dedicated server on a wide bandwidth 100 mps connection.

I have big ambitions for the shard, but I've come to the realization that I can't do everything alone. So I am outsourcing the world building to a dedicated team. Ryandor.com, of course, is the best place to find such a team. :)

If interested, drop me a PM either here or over at http://www.shatteredsosaria.com . Or, if the shard sounds of interest to you, feel free to drop by and participate in our community. Your feedback and ideas can help shape the shard while we are in development.

Shattered Sosaria - You're Not In Britannia Any More!

(My site and forums are a little messy right now as I just moved the site to a new server - so please excuse the mess while I tidy up!)