Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Some may not be aware
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:35 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

As some may not be aware, let me bring those up to date on what I believe may be a fun project.

I and hopefully others have considered doing a client and server loosely based no the UO system. Given the limitations of my ability, knowledge, time, and other factors, the concept is to be a basic capability, that can be expanded. But the entire thread, from client, to data, to server would be avaiable code wise. No more "guessing".

I do recognize the magnitude of the work, so this is a long term project, where most likely the journey is far more enlighting then the destination will be. A team would be far more effeicient, but at the same, potentially detract from the journey. The concept is not to force anyone into any coding style, or enviornment. But hopefully, the base data and protcools can be shared, so others who decide to follow in the project, can interoperate with the software. Raged has expressed an interest in doing a development version in C#, while I will be primarly focusing on the Mac in Objective-C . As interest permits, I will be doing c++ for windows/etc.

So, given that, the other posts concerning client/server may now have a context. I am not attempting to build a UO client, capable of working on emus, etc. I am bulding a client, that is loosely based off the UO capabilitys, and modified data formats, that will work with a server built for it.

Ok, so the context is set. If others would like to work together (as closely as desired, be it at the data/protocool level, or actual code level if the enviroment is ones desire, it is always welcomed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:37 pm 
Im Know Coder

punt1959 wrote:
Ok, so the context is set. If others would like to work together (as closely as desired, be it at the data/protocool level, or actual code level if the enviroment is ones desire, it is always welcomed.

I have very little time as it is for development, but protocol and data format design is something that I'm very interested in. I would love to participate in any discussions to that end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:16 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

I have a big interest in this as well. Id be more usefull with helping Raged on the C# end.. more likely in the ladder part of development once some of the structure has been established..

Krrios, welcome :) I couldnt allow you to be listed on the forum with a title such as 'newb' so I took liberty of changing it, hope you dont mind 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:22 am 
Im Know Coder

Dian wrote:
Krrios, welcome :) I couldnt allow you to be listed on the forum with a title such as 'newb' so I took liberty of changing it, hope you dont mind 8)

:shock: lol, thanks. I've lurked these forums fairly regularly over the past year or so, but only now got around to registering. Was a lazy day at work. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:28 pm 
Newb
Newb

umm just wondering but what you are saying is you are doing something like uogateway so we dont have to rely on the and there rude mods that would be great if it comes into play good luck i tell ya one thing ill be one of the first to list my sever on it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:13 pm 
Newb
Newb

This sounds like an interesting project. I just recently decided to start learning OpenGL and work with the UO mul files.

I've only just started but I am making slow progress with reading some of the files and drawing them.

Currently working with C++ and win32.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:21 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

If you need some classes that read the muls, and get you image buffers ready for OpenGL, let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:43 pm 
Newb
Newb

Couldn't hurt to see them if you want to share. I'm always curious to see how other people do things. But otherwise I'm doing ok for now.