Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lineage Animations
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:16 pm 
Young
Young

Of course everyone knows that for years UO modders have been importing animations from Infinity Engine games into UO. But what about other isometric games? Lineage is one that has some nice creatures in it. The scale is slightly smaller than UO, but for some of the giants and monsters; that wouldn't matter. I saw on the sphere forums a few years ago there was a project that was patching muls with lineage graphics, but that project has apparently been abandoned. I am working on some animation editing from the IE games, but just keep thinking "it's been done." (The staff over at Endor have pretty much mastered the process.) We've all seen most of these animations before. The new is wearing off and they are starting to look as old and dull as the UO animations themselves. I would love to see some work done to rip animations from the lineage pak files. I would love to be involved in making some of the first animation patches. However, I am not a programmer by any stretch of the imagination and so I need help figuring out how to reverse engineer Lineage. Anyone interested?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:13 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Well sure I'm interested. But until someone figures out the file formats for lineage and builds a utility that can extract the animations, its all just wishful thinking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:16 am 
Young
Young

I found a utility, called TileView. It is extremely buggy and crashed often, but it can be used to view the sprites. A screen capture tool is then needed to extract them though, because there is no built in extraction to bmp. Also, the format is odd. The animations seem to be split up among about 16 different files. There might be death and walk animations in sprite00.pak but the attack and neutral animations are in sprite03.pak. That's just a small example, the different directions are also in different files. How are programs like this and InsideUO made? Is there anyone here with the skills needed to make such a program? Or to improve this one?

PS: Just to name a few advantages to ripping these animations: UO is lacking in certain creature departments that are found here:

2 verieties of Giant Crab
Several water creatures including giant fish, sharks, and mer people
Gryffons
More giant insects including ants and killer bees
Gnolls and Werewolves
As well as many great looking giants, ogres, and undeads
and many great sprite animations that would wonderfully replace some of the crappy "3D" LBR animations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:18 pm 
Newb
Newb

Like This?

I'm a developer of the project named UO Brazilian Reborn... This project will remake animations, itens, terrains ands sounds of UO... if You interested in the project and want to collaborate with this PM me or Send me an e-mail ( Soulblighter666@hotmail.com )

http://forum.uobrasil.org/index.php?showforum=165 Oficial forum of UO BR =]] ( The language is in Portuguese but in future i will translate for english =] )

Cya man =]

Other screenshots of the Project UOBR