Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Custom Items...Help!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:49 pm 
Young
Young

I had some time to play around with the various .mul editors, but I ran into a strange phenomenon. Maybe it is a client issue, and maybe it is just something I overlooked and it can be corrected. Here is how it goes:

Uo version 5.01i on Uox3 3.7h
Using Andreas' Mul Editor 0.6.6

Using the "create wearable" wizard, I selected a one-handed weapon to static 0.x2573 (?) (magic sword). I then selected sword gump 0xc5c8, and told it to take the animation from the "broadsword" at 0xc5ba.

The wizard then told me that body.def needed to have the line
0 {618} 0 added to it, because I changed some of the animations.

I appended this to the first entry of body.def (since mine starts at 11 {xx} xx.

Then I created the .dfn entry for UOx3 to use this new sword.

I logged into my shard and created the weapon on my PC. All of the stats displayed properly, I equipped the sword, and it worked properly. (damage to enemies was right, as well as my custom script causing "explosion animation" (it was a flame sword) fired properly showing the proper animation and extra fire damage.

The sad part is, I am unable to view the weapons name and stats in the paperdoll. It displays properly but I am unable to un-equip it! If you kill your character, the Item shows properly as loot, but if the next PC equips the cursed blade, not even a GM can remove it unless you are killed.

Is this something wrong with the 0xc5c8 paper-doll graphic? Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks!
________
Bmw r68

Last edited by stranf on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:03 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've never touched body.def, and i've done a few weapons. All i did was link the gump/animations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:51 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

To get something to appear on the chararacter animation for your wearable, you either need a body.def entry or you have to copy an existing animation in anim.idx. Basically you have to have an animation to link to, and the only other way to do that would involve overwriting an existing equipment gump.

This sounds like it might be a server-side issue since the problem is the weapon name/stats and problems with unequipping. Maybe Xuri can comment since he is the UOX guru.

P.S. Where do you find Andreas Mul Editor, I haven't heard of that one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:54 pm 
Young
Young

I honestly thought I got the program on this site! :)

He dosen't leave his email addy or his website listed.

But when I have my custom item, the item appears in the gump correctly. It appears on the PC correctly (I linked to the broadsword animation, so it looks like a broadsword in the gameworld and uses broadsword animations, but the paperdoll graphic is different). The static in the backpack works perfectly.

Everything works great. The ONLY thing wrong is that I can't take the weapon off from the paperdoll. It is visible in the paperdoll, my PC is holding a sword. But when you move your mouse over it the tooltip never reveals the name, and thus you can not remove it without killing the PC.

I am willing to try to create this item using a different mul editor...which one do you use? This andreas one is slick, and would be easy, except that for some reason I can't remove my items.
________
Toyota fj cruiser specifications

Last edited by stranf on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:14 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

It sounds like a problem with the server.

I use TDV Mulpatcher mostly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:15 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hm. Are you certain your new item has the "wearable" flag set in tiledata, as well as the proper layer value (0x01 or 1 or whatever)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:53 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

The main problem with these "wizards" is that we can't tell exactly what the "wizards" are doing (so we don't know if they are skipping steps or putting in wrong data), and if you use them you might not know how it all works to troubleshoot things on your own.

The fact that the item can be equipped tells me it's probably flagged equippable. As Xuri said the layer value could be causing an issue. Take a look at the tiledata.mul value for the item.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:02 pm 
Young
Young

Ah, the layer flag is set in Uox3. no problem. That is why it can be "equipped" in UOx3. (the gump does appear).

I'm going to check the tiledata flag. That could very well be the issue.
________
Bmw m54

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:44 pm 
Young
Young

So I found that the animation tag hadn't been set in the .mul file, so I sent it to 0x26A (broadsword animation), and it worked, but now the graphic in the paperdoll is gump 0xc5ba, and I would like 0xc5c8.

I don't know if this is possible, do I have to over-write 0xc5ba with 0xc5c8 to make it work? I hope I don't have to do this.

I'm not even sure if I am using the right program. If not, I will try a different one. Here is basically what I want to do:

Use a usless static art 0x2573. Convert it to weapon/wearable.
Link it to animation 0x26A for combat/sprite animation
using paperdoll gump 0xc5c8.

I don't want to overwrite 0xc5ba which is currently the main sword paper-doll gump and apperently linked to animation 0x26a.

Is it possible?
________
CHEVROLET SMALL-BLOCK ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:40 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

It should be, yes. Try using a different program.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:28 pm 
Young
Young

Using a few different .mul editors I found out I was doing something fundamentally wrong (at least according to the mul editors.)

Apperently gumps are linked to objects THROUGH the animation. I was trying to link the animation through the gump. In other words, the program will only allow me to use animation 0x26a with one gump. I can't use the same animation (ox26a) on many different gumps which is what I was trying to do.

So now, what I need to do is copy 0x26A animation into a "blank" hex slot so that I can link this copied animation to my custom gump. However, the Mul editors I am using will let me view "static" animations, but now weapon/character animations such as 0x26a (sword animation).

If anyone has an idea of what .mul utility I could use to copy this animation to another slot, please let me know.
________
Ford Mustang Mach 1 Picture

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:33 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I think that is where body.def comes in :) Just make a copy of an existing animation there with a unique ID... I think ;P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:40 am 
Young
Young

Hmm, anyway to figure out how to use body.def?

The wizard I had over-wrote my old Broadsword Gump and replaced it with my new one.
making all swords in the game look like magic swords.

oh well, ahve to give it another try
________
Sichuan Faw Toyota Motor Specifications

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:14 pm 
Young
Young

(sorry for the double post, it is quicker to click on "post reply" and sign in, then sign in, click on edit, and retype.......I have to live off of dialup!!)

Anyway, I found out how to make body.def work, and I got it all working smoothly now!

Thanks for you help!
________
Chevrolet Corvette C5-R