Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Valley2
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:49 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I am slowlying finishing the classes for the reworked Valley library.

For those wondering, valley2 is a C++ object library to allow one to access and edit some of the more common mul files. It is only useable to one interested in software programming (now it may be meaningful to more *grin*).

At any rate, these are all done using gcc, and are endian safe (compile switch). I know of one subsitution that needs to be made for msvc (the cache class uses a hash_map, and that is compilier specific). But that should be easy enough to #define away.

At any rate, is there anyone who is programming who has an interest to test out or provide feedback on some of these classes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:41 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm programming some tools for my uo server and probably Valley 2 could be what I need for some of them. In particular I'm interested in animations editing, does Valley 2 have classes to read/write anim#.mul files? I'd be happy to test it and provide feedback
I use the Mingw port of GCC to compile, wxWidgets and SDL for graphics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:51 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Well, yes and no.

Yes I have classes that handle animations. However, they are in Objective-C, not C++. Probably not usable for you.

I am redoing them (again) back to C++ to support WorldMaker studio (I decided not to totally drop windows support for that application).

So they will be ported.

But there is always a catch. To make general classes that can read and write are not quite as effecient as those for reading only (performance and memory). My goal is to make read only classes first for the client, and then the general ones for the tools (during the port)

A lot of babbling, so what does it all mean.
There are Objective-C classes, probably not useable for you unless on a Mac , or going to try to code it in GNUStep enviroment.
C++ is back in development, but it is two stages, one for read, and then one for general read/write.

So animations will be coming, but not for a few weeks at least (if not a tad longer).

Post subject: woot!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:23 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hey punt , you are tryng to say that your on the way to let us edit animations? Way to go dude!keep on your work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:17 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

MAC??? :shock:

Hehe actually I think thats pretty cool. I wish we all had your knowledge and drive.

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:25 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok, sounds good, I have lotsa other things program in my tools in the meanwhile, I'll wait for updates of your lib :)