Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:48 pm 
Young
Young

Hi,
I made a custom map.
But on this map there are some remains of the OSI map - I really don't know from where they came or why they are there - but they are.

If I go to this location in WorldForge there is nothing - also a static wipe doesn't help!

Can someone tell me how I can remove those remains or why they appear there?

Thanks in advance!!!

Here some pics:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:08 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

These are from the Map and Static 'dif' files. If you are using RunUO you need to set the TileMatrixPatch = false; on a startup script.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:20 pm 
Young
Young

Thanks - but where are the Dif-Files?
And in which script can I find this bool?

Thanks in advance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:35 pm 
Young
Young

Thank you very much! Solved the problem! ^^
It was the DataPath.cs file! :)

Thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:01 am 
Newb
Newb

Sorry to bump, but which line did you add the "TileMatrixPatch = false;" to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:32 am 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

Code:
using System;
using Server;

namespace Server.Misc
{
   public class StartupSettings
   {
      public static void Initialize()
      {
         TileMatrixPatch.Enabled = false;
      }

public StartupSettings()
      {
      }
   }
}

just copy that, name it StartupSettings.cs and drop in Scripts/Misc
Mine is a lot different, with map definitions listed, but this should work for you.. just to disable the MapDif's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:15 pm 
Master
Master

You can make 0 byte dif files for the server to read them, also soon there is going to be a program for editing the difs.

Post subject: Soon???
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:11 pm 
Young
Young

Soon? Where, when, is it done yet, is it in beta at least someplace? More info if anyone has it please?

Thanks!

Brazen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:45 pm 
Young
Young

Okay I disabled the TileMatrixPatch and these leftovers are still showing up. I fixed the mapdif by simply renaming it too map0.mul and using workdforge to tunr it all into water at -5. but the statics are a whole different story :) Is there a different way to disable these? I can't just send the files to my players to replace as some still play OSI. I can't patch them through Gateway as patching a 0 byte file tells gateway to delete it from the players machine and that doesn't help. Is there a way to set these diff files with just a single time in each like in the corner of Green acres? I am clueless when it comes to editing the statics diff and staidx as I do not know which is which.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:45 pm 
Dont mean to bring back old threads but there is a link in the forums for blank .dif files.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:53 pm 
Young
Young

The problem with blank dif's is they can't be patched through gateway. All it does if you try to patch a blank dif is try to delete the dif from thier computer but it does not exist on a custom level so it does nothing in effect. i think the actual fix would be to find a way to make a 1 byte or larger blank dif file or use a single tile in the dungeon strip and designate it for dif use and place one tile for each dif file. But alas I am no good with diff files. I can do the map difs but not the static difs :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:01 am 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

Anonymous wrote:
Dont mean to bring back old threads but there is a link in the forums for blank .dif files.

http://www.ryandor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=631

Its still one of the first threads on that forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:15 pm 
Posting Whore
Posting Whore

You can also find the files in the Map helper section of my site located here;

http://serpentsmoon.com/Map_Downloads.html

Signed,
Dev Viperrious
Grand master kitten taunter! :twisted:

Post subject: Quick Question...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:16 pm 
Dian wrote:
Code:
using System;
using Server;

namespace Server.Misc
{
   public class StartupSettings
   {
      public static void Initialize()
      {
         TileMatrixPatch.Enabled = false;
      }

public StartupSettings()
      {
      }
   }
}

just copy that, name it StartupSettings.cs and drop in Scripts/Misc
Mine is a lot different, with map definitions listed, but this should work for you.. just to disable the MapDif's

Using RunUO 1.0, I realize this program would have to be created (as in, not modified). It should work though? Does the server search for this file when it starts up, or does something else have to be modified for the server to look at this script and execute it upon startup?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:53 pm 
Well, after testing it, I can tell you it doesn't work. I still see parts of the OSI map (Cove, a passage in some mountains, etc) "pasted over" my custom map. Guess I'll have to figure out something else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:07 pm 
Slayer of Fools
Slayer of Fools

It should work. I can't verify 100% because I don't use it but Dian knew his RUO scripting. You probably did something wrong, keep at it.

What I've done at times is get rid of the files altogether, however I haven't played on EA since ancient times, I keep a seperate directory for my RUO muls, and I generally keep multiple copys of various versions in subfolders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:59 pm 
I did exactly as was suggested in Dian's post. I created a StartupSettings.cs and dropped it in my scripts/misc folder and made sure it was coded exactly like it was given. Restarted the shard and it didn't work. They still remained.

I've been searching other forums (runuo, gateway) and such to get an idea of what to do and this is obviously a very common problem for custom map shards. Perhaps why very few use them anymore. Anyway, currently I am trying editing the DataPath.cs to direct it to 'backups' of the mul files, also without current success.

I placed map0.mul, statics0.mul, and staidx0.mul into the folder and directed DataPath.cs to look at it, but I am still seeing the mapdif and stadif files when I log into the shard.

The next step, it seems, is to replace these files both client and server side with 'blank' files. Hopefully that will work...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:46 am 
I found out that this works:

I renamed these files...

mapdif0.mul
mapdifl0.mul
stadif0.mul
stadif1.mul
stadif2.mul
stadifi0.mul
stadifi1.mul
stadifi2.mul
stadifl0.mul
stadifl1.mul
stadifl2.mul

by adding a .backup to the name. IE: mapdif0.mul renamed to mapdif0.mul.backup in the client-side UO folder.

I then did the same thing to the server-side files with the same name in the UO folder there, restarted the shard and logged in. The "sticky" portions of the OSI map (central Cove, Minax, parts of Haven and a couple dungeons) disappeared and there is no "rubber-banding" effect by walking through these areas.

As I am not sure which map file all these actually appear on, I will be doing a little further testing and report my findings here. Maybe someone will find them useful. It is possible that all these files refer to the OSI map and they all must be renamed for a custom map to be used by both client and server, and that is my current suspicion.

Post subject: *sigh*
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:08 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

This has been reported on many times. The dif files are a way for OSI to patch any given map block (or static block ) on the map.

The number (0,1,2,3,etc) indicates the facet it is patching. if a sta#### is is patching statics, and if map### it is patching the terrain.

One can add or delete (statics for delete) by using the dif files. This is how OSI gets facet 1 to have different land masses from facet 0 (felucca and Trammal),even though they both use the same base map (map0).

Now, you dont have to zero out all your dif files. Actually just the one with the "l" on it (that is a lower case L). That is the one that says what block(s) are patched (they are a list of block numbers), and used to index peroperly into the other files. If that is "zero bytes", or not present, that should suffice.

There have been several articles on this before, on this very forum.

By they way, for the client to actually use dif files, one must activate it via a packet (and say how far into the L file to go). So some emus that dont send that packet, wouldn't be using the dif files anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:59 pm 
Thanks. I just posted what I did to help others that might have similar problems in the future. Didn't mean to upset anyone by taking up forum space.

Post subject: Not upset
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:32 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Vhaerun wrote:
Thanks. I just posted what I did to help others that might have similar problems in the future. Didn't mean to upset anyone by taking up forum space.

I was not upset, I was trying to answer what I thought where lingering questions (what maps are affected, etc). And to let you know, that there is a wealth of information on this subject contained in these forums (although one may have to do some digging), that may save you some trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:48 pm 
:) I know and I appreciate all the help that you and other people have given beginners like me. I've done many, many searches on many different things here. I understand I'm probably speaking old hat when I say what I am doing but one thing I've noticed about a lot of forums is that some bits of information are left out, which makes the process more time-consuming and frustrating.

By the by, I did what you suggested and it worked. Thanks again... will help our future player base when we only have to alter two or three files instead of eight.