Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:03 pm 
Hey all I just recently made a map and then used dragon to exectute it then i deleted all the statics with dragonsp. it worked very good and everything but now I have a new question about something I wanna do. I want to add a couple new tiles to the tiledata file or something or whever you put new tiles and i want to know how to add them i already made the tiles in paint and they are ready I just dont know how to add the files to a file so that uo will see the new tiles and let me add them in game. I am currently working on running a runuo shard and I want to add my custom tiles that I made to my new map how would I do this does anyone know? *crosses fingers* hehe Ive been trying for about 2 weeks to get this working and have no idea how to do it. I hope someone can help me add these new tiles to a file so I can add them in game. Thanks alot all.

Bone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:38 pm 
Moo Cow
Moo Cow

erm one way is to edit a verdata file and just add your items to it, theres lots of ways to do that, for examples you should look up the avatar patch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:43 pm 
what avatar patch? hehe any programs you can give me links to so i can look at the verdata file?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:25 am 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

The verdata file does not hold Map plane tiles. It is gumps, item graphics, animations, etc.

World forge uses:

texidx.mul
texmaps.mul
artidx.mul
art.mul

just for its map edit functions. so I would say your in for more than you know. Another point is if map tiles were easy enough to addin, not even mentioning the art work needed to make a set... ( need 8 tiles total for a complete circle of one type of land tile ) then there would be people known for doing this.
I believe Darus has dine it though, but has been a long time since his last reply about it.

You might get a good start at editing these files with Modify UO. It handles most all mul file editing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:36 pm 
i already got the tiles made and everything i just need to add them tto the file so i can add them like i said hehe. If anyone can help me let me know please thanks.

Bone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:05 pm 
Moo Cow
Moo Cow

it also doesnt hold animations, but you can put them in there as well, you can virtualy put any thing you want into it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:45 pm 
yes i know that but how do i do that thats my question hehe i dont mean to be rude, but i jsut wanna figure this out and i cant do it by myself so i was hoping someone could help me. So if anyone can that would rock thanks all.

Shibby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:00 pm 
Moo Cow
Moo Cow

Dian wrote:
The verdata file does not hold Map plane tiles. It is gumps, item graphics, animations, etc.

World forge uses:

texidx.mul
texmaps.mul
artidx.mul
art.mul

Thats what that post was for.

Theres a lot of programs that edit things like that any more, but to create your own in all cases you will need a grahpics program photoshop or somthing else any of the tools are just to import them. I would sujest using insideuo to save a picture of one of the tiles, that will give you and easy editable image. Once you've made the images, you would need an unused item code, like i said the avatar patch is a good resource and example on thigns like that, then just use a program such as modifyuo, michaelangelo, or very to import them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:14 pm 
yeah I made them using adobe photoshop so i finished that step, i dont know how to save somethign to inside uo cause i dont think you are able to i think you can save images already inserted into the files but you cant add anymore. Thanks for your help ill have to try to import em with one of those tools.

Shibby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:24 pm 
Moo Cow
Moo Cow

lol i didnt mean save to insideuo i ment save from to get a scale of the image sizes and so forth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:37 pm 
hehe thats exactly what i did then i edited them in photoshop so now you think i should download one of those programs and try adding it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:55 pm 
now i cant find a download link that works for modify uo, i tried michaelangelo and very but i couldnt figure them out at all, i was hoping modify uo was easier but now i cant find a download link. does anyone have a link or something they can give me thanks.

Shibby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:20 pm 
Not your daddy
Not your daddy

i have it here. http://ancientlegends.myvnc.com/files/ModifyUO.zip

please reply when you get it, so I can remove it from that HD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:24 pm 
got it thanks man you can remove it now. do you know a program that i can make art files or something because according to inside uo all the tiles are in the art tab.