Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:10 am 
Young
Young

I have previously used Dragon but decided to give the MapGenerator a try since everyone have been praising it so much. I created a simple terrain.bmp with just one island a bit of forest. After I was done with that, I went back to the MapGenerator and tried to generate an altitude.bmp. What happens is that I do get the bmp - but it's all blue (deep water?). I haven't used this tool before but I believe that my island should be showing up there, but it isn't. The paths that I have entered to the MG are all correct. That's the first thing I checked ;)

I read from somewhere that the image should be 8bit - I can only save mine in 16bit with Photoshop. Could that be the problem? If yes, does anyone know how to go around that, because I don't :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:06 am 
Young
Young

Hmm... some progress. It appears that the reason is / was that my terrain picture is not a 8bit picture. I found out how to save 8bit pictures in photoshop. You have to change your picture to be in indexed color mode and then save it as .bmp after which the only option is to save as 8bit. Still having some trouble with generating the altitude map correctly (it doesn't show my mountains), but I'll try starting over since it may be that I have played a bit too much with that picture :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:35 pm 
Young
Young

Best to check that all the colours you have used in the terrain.bmp file are in the terrain.xml file otherwise it won't work.
With your problems with an 8 bit bitmap perhaps the colours are no longer correct.