Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:08 pm 
Young
Young

Okay. I have a couple of questions because I haven't done this in years.

First is, we would like Felucca to be our only used facet. How do I get the trees from Trammel (because they're the nice looking ones) and whatnot to appear on the map?

Second is, I am having standard cave floor come up as grey flagstone. Not sure what's causing it.

And third, I am having real problems with static bits from old maps still showing up on the map. I've run Dragonsp. I've gotten rid of the dif files and tried using the Tile matrix Patch script and I still have a few things showing up, as well as a small set of dungeons in the corner of the map.

If anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:59 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Scribe wrote:
Okay. I have a couple of questions because I haven't done this in years.

First is, we would like Felucca to be our only used facet. How do I get the trees from Trammel (because they're the nice looking ones) and whatnot to appear on the map?

It depends on the server emulator you are using. If its RunUO, you can change this in mapdefinitions.cs.

Quote:
Second is, I am having standard cave floor come up as grey flagstone. Not sure what's causing it.

Is this a custom map? If so, what did you use to create it? If its a custom map, there may be something not configured correctly (i.e. the color you think is a cave floor is set up to produce grey flagstone tiles.

Quote:
And third, I am having real problems with static bits from old maps still showing up on the map. I've run Dragonsp. I've gotten rid of the dif files and tried using the Tile matrix Patch script and I still have a few things showing up, as well as a small set of dungeons in the corner of the map.

Two possibilities I can think of.

1. Your client is still using the diff files. I know you said you got rid of them but check and double check. Remember the UO path is set in the system registry and the client will read from that path no matter where you run it from.

2. Those bits and pieces were somehow accidentally frozen to your map.

The fact that you can SEE those bits and pieces tells me its a client side issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:20 pm 
Young
Young

Thanks for your help. I ended up figuring just about everything out. Some of it was retardedness on my part. I used dungeon floor instead of cave by accident. :oops: And I did end up finding out how to trammel-ize felucca on the runUO forums.

I had gotten rid of all the dif files and everything else but they were still showing up. I ended up using the handy clear facet command in runUO to get rid of everything.

Anyway, I appreciate the help. It's been probably four years since I worked on any UO maps and I'm a bit rusty at everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:38 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

No problem! Glad you got it worked out!

It sounds like your problem with the map was a third possibility I didn't consider - those pieces were saved on your server, not your map (otherwise clearfacet wouldn't have worked to get rid of them).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:42 pm 
Young
Young

It was odd too because it was a fresh install of Run UO.