Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:15 am 
Newb
Newb

Good evening all:

Well I am at my wits end. I have been at this for 3 full days now, and have made no progress other then narrowing down what is causing the problem.

I am trying to replace tokuno with a custom map ( as I like all the other default maps, but hated tokuno ). So this is what I am doing:

First, I copy the demo map that comes with Dragon10. This file is called Mod10Test.bmp. I know this file is the proper color tablet, and functional, because if I compile it as is out of the box, I can make a map that functions perfectly fine ( a fel/tram map ).

I take that working map, and resize its to 1448x1448 ( from what I've been reading is the proper image size for tokuno for dragon10 ).

Once I have that image made, I fill it with -5 water, and then add a small 0 level grass island in the very upper right of the image for testing.

I save the image in Addons/FullMap

I then load Dragon.exe. For the bitmap file I point to the BMP that I just saved in Addons/FullMap. The Fix File I am leaving blank. For the output mapX.mul file I am pointing to the same directory Addons/FullMap and having it name the file map4.mul

When I start the compile, it gets to the same spot every time, and then locks up and throws an error on

Quote:
parsing translation-table (WATER2X.TXT).. OK

And when it stops there, it throws this error:

Quote:
Access violation at address 00401860 in module 'Dragon.exe'. Read of address 097355A2

It I've tried experimenting with this ALOT to try and identify the problem, but have only found out that this problem only effects me when Im using any map dimentions besides felucca. If I use the felucca or map0.mul dimensions, the file compiles flawlessly, and makes a working map that I have logged in on and walked around in.

I am at the point where I am just trying the same things over and over in desperation, hoping that it will fix itself..... thats when you need to ask for help *smiles*

If anyone has any information on this I would be Greatly appriciative. Thank you all for your time and effort in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:07 am 
Newb
Newb

Personally, I would use Dragon mod9 or 11 (if u can get it)... It seems Mod 10 was never finished...
However I get a similar error using mod 9, so what i do is... (may seem strange but it works for me) Compile a map first for UOX, it will say that u cannot freeze items ect, then go back and recompile but for SPHERE and tick HIGHPRIORITY and REMOVESTATICFILES (all in the Config options)

Mod 9 can be downloaded from here http://www.ryandor.com/files/

If you manage to find a copy of Mod11, please post location, as I'm sure many of us would like to get our hands on it.
P.S Sorry for late reply, but I'm new to these forums