Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:40 am 
Newb
Newb

Hellas....

After searching the forum for 4 hours i'm quite sure that noone asked this before ;)

I've got a problem with the unevenness of the converted map0.mul.
I need a few areas fully flattened, and tried to do this with Worldforge. The result was that I had a lot of rectangles with grass (e.g.) on it, but it destroyed the coastline, rivers and so on.. everything inbetween, to say so.

Most of the areas I need flattened have a coast in between, or a river, so i can't use World forge. There isn't a function to just change the altitude of an area, is there?

So I tried to edit the unevenly.txt file by adding the regions I want to have flat (un-bumpy ^^), but I got an error:

"Division by zero"

Perhaps this is because I tried to keep the amount of numbers per coordinate at 4 (0451 e.g.), but it also doesn't work if I leave the 0 out.

So now... does anyone has an igniting idea how I can flatten some areas without messing up the ground, or how to edit the Unevenly.txt correctly?

I won't do this manually, because its something about 15 areas (big areas), and I would loose oversight before done with the first one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The unevenly.txt script should be used on ONLY the areas you want uneven. Don't try to make the areas flat, just create areas where you actually want the uneven areas. If you just comment out the whole file, you're whole map will be flat (as defined by your actual bmp).

-Ryandor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:48 pm 
Newb
Newb

So now, found it out ^^

Entries must have the same length as the original, but the additional Altitude (last number block) MUST be more than 0 (that means 001 f.e.).

To flatten an area (Gras in this case) the whole original entry must be commented out, and new entries for the rest of the map have to be made (itsy bitsy of work... 2 hours *g*) to keep the rest uneven, but when done it works quite fine.